No announcement yet.

Alvarez and Ortiz About the Same Size?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They look very close in size :

I think Ortiz was just a natural welterweight who was able cut a lot of bodyfat to fight at 140.
    Last edited by Light_Speed; 12-14-2012, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360
      Quote:

Originally Posted by Earl Hickey

It doesn't really matter, Alvarez is a million times better than ortiz

A million times more unproven than Ortiz.
      who has Ortiz beat to prove himself?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by El Gallo Negro! View Post
        who has Ortiz beat to prove himself?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
        Earl said that Canelo is decisively better than Ortiz. I don't see how that can be said when he hasn't fought the kind of opposition that will allow us to draw a proper comparison between the two. Ortiz has had to face adversity, he might not have reacted the way we would've wanted him to, but he has been put in vulnerable positions and has shown toughness. People seem to forget that Ortiz/Maidana was a firefight with ebb and flow. Chino got to Ortiz, was whupping his ass and Ortiz said "**** it" and called it a day. He came back better in his next couple of fights, most notably against Berto who was top 5 WW. Now he suffers another setback with the losses to Mayweather and Lopez. He has to rebuild and his heart and toughness will once again be tested.

Ortiz fought Campbell, a fighter with a lot of experience, albeit past-prime/faded at that point. He also fought Maidana/Peterson/Berto, guys actually campaigning at 140/147. On the other hand, Canelo only has one real 154lb fighter on his resume in 10 fights, and that's Rhodes. He also beat Cintron who was mentally faded. At 154, Cintron got a gift against Martinez, beat a young Angulo, and then lost to P.Will and Molina. He also looked like shit against Canelo too and hasn't fought since. He then beats up on faded Mosley and an out-gunned Lopez, so are you really gonna pose that question like it can't be used against Canelo too?

When Canelo shows that he can handle the kind of pressure that Ortiz has been put under, or when he fights respectable 154lb opposition, then we can start comparing the two.
        Last edited by kiaba360; 12-14-2012, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
          Earl said that Canelo is decisively better than Ortiz. I don't see how that can be said when he hasn't fought the kind of opposition that will allow us to draw a proper comparison between the two.
          They both fought Lopez, regardless of the size difference (and like I said above Ortiz and Canelo are close in size) how much did Canelo get hit by Lopez compared to Ortiz? Who was more accurate? Who displayed the better fighting ability?

Comment

Working...
          X