Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the better resume Pernell Whitaker or Manny Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tatangb45 View Post
    Mcgirt a better defensive fighter than Cotto? No way to prove that either way. Better question is, who is the better fighter, Cotto or Mcgirt? Cotto by a long shot and you just have to look at their resumes to prove it.

Whitaker a defensive wizard? See the stats shown in post 105 and check the number of punches landed on him by Mcgirt, a fighter who is inferior to Cotto.

Marquez? Marquez is to Pac as Frazier is to Ali.

How did Margo land 237 power punches on Cotto? By being taller with longer reach and by relentless attacking and throwing punches non-stop.
    In addition, if a slow-footed Mcgirt can land 36% of his punches on the 'defensive wizard' Whitaker, how much more punches can a faster, more accurate and better combination fighter like Pac land on Pernell?

Comment

In addition, if a slow-footed Mcgirt can land 36% of his punches on the 'defensive wizard' Whitaker, how much more punches can a faster, more accurate and better combination fighter like Pac land on Pernell?
      " I don't think you realize the type of fighter Whitaker truly was, because if you did then you would know that he's not in most people's top 25 ATG list for nothing."

Comment

• Pac has the better resume. Visually Pernell was pretty to look at boxing wise though, and that had to do with the casual looking face, making out he wasnt trying.
        Last edited by hugh grant; 03-11-2012, 07:16 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
          Pac didn't get outboxed by a washed up Morales? really?
          what happened in the next 2 fights with morales?? u forgot??

the 1st fight was a fluke! 1st, someone conspire to deliverately lost Pac's blood and drug test he did a month b4 the fight, and Pac was forced to get another blood test 2 days b4 the fight. It weakened Pac both psychological and physical. Plus Pac got cut in the 5th rd. Next 2 fights, no cuts, Pac dominates.

. No wonder Floyd's keep on asking for blood test, coz it will affect Pac.

Comment

• Originally posted by Truck Turner View Post
            " I don't think you realize the type of fighter Whitaker truly was, because if you did then you would know that he's not in most people's top 25 ATG list for nothing."

Pac was already top 10 since after the Cotto fight! Will be top 3 after he's done with Floyd!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pacdbest View Post
              what happened in the next 2 fights with morales?? u forgot??

the 1st fight was a fluke! 1st, someone conspire to deliverately lost Pac's blood and drug test he did a month b4 the fight, and Pac was forced to get another blood test 2 days b4 the fight. It weakened Pac both psychological and physical. Plus Pac got cut in the 5th rd. Next 2 fights, no cuts, Pac dominates.

. No wonder Floyd's keep on asking for blood test, coz it will affect Pac.
              Not sure if serious.

Comment

• Pac has more counting stats..... But at similar weights it's Sweet Pea and I don't see how it's arguable

Comment

• Tough call, it really depends on who you like more. On paper, Manny is better for the 8 titles in 8 different divisions. But I vote for Whitaker because stylistically (and resume wise), I think he was the better fighter head-to-head.

You also have to take into account the "draw" against Chavez that should've been a clear Whitaker win, as well as the scorecards in the De La Hoya fight.

But 98% of the kids who post here have never even seen such fights, so it's a moot point.

Comment

• One thing I will say is this : Of all the things I've learned from being a boxing fan for as long as I have : trying to talk about Pernell Whitaker's career with a Pacquiao fan is about as intelligent as going to your public library and looking up how to make bombs on the internet.

They simply can't understand anything about the fundamentals, so it's a waste of my ****ing time.

Comment

Mcgirt a better defensive fighter than Cotto? No way to prove that either way. Better question is, who is the better fighter, Cotto or Mcgirt? Cotto by a long shot and you just have to look at their resumes to prove it.

Whitaker a defensive wizard? See the stats shown in post 105 and check the number of punches landed on him by Mcgirt, a fighter who is inferior to Cotto.

Marquez? Marquez is to Pac as Frazier is to Ali.

How did Margo land 237 power punches on Cotto? By being taller with longer reach and by relentless attacking and throwing punches non-stop.
                      spot on!

************* it's too short

Comment

Working...
                      X