No announcement yet.

Cotto fans: To buy or not to buy??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
    Can't believe I actually wasted my time reading this crap.
    Uh, I said COTTO fans not Money May nut huggers...

Comment

I won't ready all that ****, I won't buy the fight if Cotto aint getting none? lol Let me guess, you are a *******? lol

Comment

Funny how I never saw you make a similar thread when Pacquaio fought Mosley.

Stans, man.

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
          Can't believe I actually wasted my time reading this crap.
          This.

Prior to the Mayweather fight, when Cotto was with Top Rank he wasn't seeing "his" share of the PPV earnings anyway. Thats Arum Money. Thats why promotion companies are promotion companies, dummy.

You think Cotto doesn't know he's in for his career payday with this fight? And thats just talking upfront money.

I don't even know whats more b**h made, you posting on this topic without any knowledge of how the revenue streams for these fights go (and have ALWAYS went), or u pleading a case to boxing fans to keep money out of a pro-athletes pocket. Just because, he "arleady makes too much", or u don't like his "personality".

Some of you n***as is worse than my girlfriend.

Comment

Nope, I'd rather go to a bar or a friend's house

Comment

Signed,
              A Cotto Fan.

Comment

Even though he won't get money... I'd say support your man.
                If you're a real fan of the guy, you'll do it.
                Casual fan of the boxer, you'll watch it without having to pay as much (bar or buy in with other people).

Comment

Originally posted by Lorily View Post
                  If you found out that it's true that Miguel Cotto WON'T be receiving a single cent of the PPV revenue from his fight with Floyd Mayweather, will you still buy the PPV?

Wouldn't it make sense, if Cotto won't see any of the profits from PPV, for the hardcore Cotto fans to find other means of watching the fight (i.e. stream, HBO next week replay, online video trading etc.)? Because that money goes straight in to MONEY Mayweathers pocket, it wouldn't affect Cotto in any way. He gets a flat guarantee of X amount of dollars, while Floyd gets even richer off of the sweat of BOTH fighters? Floyd already says he's THE highest paid athlete in the world. Sounds like some B.S. to me.

I know I'll get some grief from some of the Floyd fans, but please save the "If you're a boxing fan, you watch boxing/who cares about the money." Fine, true... boxing is boxing - but come on. If Floyd finds out people will buy it anyway (and realistically the casual fans won't even know), he will continue to line his greedy pant pockets in a completely disgusting way. Atleast one fight we know of won't happen for this reason, can you see Alvarez, Martinez, Khan excepting NO PPV?? It's part of the thrill of fighters wanting to fight Floyd Mayweather. This whole "It's more money then you've ever made before" is just inexcusable greed and selfishness IMO.

I want to know what the Cotto fans think, I really don't want to hear the old tired Money Mayweather "but, but Floyd is the one who..." lines. It takes TWO to tango in this business, and Cotto is no slouch when it comes to bringing in the fans and money. And this is not, I repeat NOT about Floyd vs Manny. Please don't turn this, in to that.

Simple question:

If Cotto receives 0% of the PPV revenue, will you find a different way to watch the fight or buy the PPV anyway? Side note: Voting No doesn't affect Cottos money in any way, he receives a flat guarantee, period.

He is receiving a split of all revenues. So yes, I will buy the fight.

Comment

who gives a fuck what they do with he money? :laugh:
                    it will be a fun beatdown administered by Floyd
                    it's worth watching

Comment

is this thread serious??why the hell do you care who is getting the money??you are paying to watch the fight.....

Comment

Working...
                      X