Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meet the Next Generation (Education Dollars Are Going To Waste)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now we gotta see the other side. Some of the brightest people on earth are American. Amongst the best schools and education in the world are in the states. I just think the problem is the system, since in order to be part of that you either have to be in a really good district or have plenty of money. Even being part of a good district falls on money. These people that you see here that are stupid live in poor areas that are abandoned again, to keep other areas filled(i.e. the military) and maintain the division between classes. I could find stupid people in any country, I'm pretty stupid myself in plenty of subjects so it would depend on which terms are we talking about here.

Comment

Yes, many Americans are stupid. Just look at how all those people got super excited when this dumb fuck Newt Gingrich promised them a permanent base on the moon.

Comment

Okay, these high school kids are stupid but I wouldn't say education dollars are going to waste on them. A lot of kids go to college to perform one task. You learn the task(your future career) and you perform the task over and over, it's rather simple. The questions being asked, although basic, are simply stuff that most Americans don't seem to retain the knowledge because it isn't something you study often or find that interesting. I don't think it's any kind of secret that most Americans don't know history or geography. I wish it was different though. Knowing what war your ancestors fought in for independence is something you should know!

Comment

you can make anyone look stupid

Last edited by hogwash; 02-04-2012, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Brits are pretty fuckin dumb too. How many sides to a triangle? 4.

Comment

"What religion are Buddhist monks?"

Comment

The education system is terrible...

The mandatory hours in school and manner in which the subjects are taught seem designed to dull an individual's desire to learn.

Combine the absence of the desire to learn with society (emphasis on distractions) and you get the kind of intellects that give those responses. I wouldn't single out Americans though; I think the stupidity shown here would be common around the world.

Outside of the information given in school that people remember temporarily (because they don't give a **** about it at that point), people just refuse to try to learn anything that isn't celebrity, sports, gadget, drug, entertainment, etc.-related if it isn't mandated by a teacher/professor. People become busy looking for things anything to escape from what they perceive as their **** life.

Comment

They should do this little show at the US Naval Academy. might paint a different picture

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Champ View Post
                    Actually, no. Of course you can always nitpick on someone who speaks 3 languages, living on the other side of earth for a small misspell on a messageboard, but the argument still stands.

There's quite a lot of these, recently I heard that 37% of americans can't locate their own country on a map.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/steven..._b_150933.html
                    Grand Champ are you Danish? I've to Copenhagen, beautiful city with beautiful women. And I'll be returning when Armenia plays Denmark for the World Cup qualifiers next year.

Comment

That one kids head 2:00 is SOOOO small

Comment

Working...
                      X