No announcement yet.

Why was Marquez-Pacquiao II so close?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LilGizmo562 View Post
    You do know Pac stans aren't going to understand this, because their God has no equal, so the only logical solution is he was weight drained, still its funny, when Manny is in there with weight drained opponents (Morales 2, 3 and DLH) he looks God-like, but when someone makes him look human (Marquez 1 and 2) he was "weight-drained", its ridiculous, this new migration of Pac fans from Pacland have the mental capacity of a vegetable when it comes to boxing, its disgusting.
    Regardless of the weight situation people seem to forget that the only reason Marquez even got a shot at the 130 belt at all was because Pacquiao's quest for the 130lb belt was sidelined for a year and a half because of the promotional rights lawsuit between top rank and gbp which prevented Pacquiao's title shot after the 3rd morales fight despite being Barrera's MANDATORY challenger.

Marquez had just recently lost his belt to chris john and had been fighting nobodies turdsak jandaeng and jimrex jaca for vacant belts. and having a hard time getting fights at all.

That lawsuit gave Marquez the break of a lifetime just as he was fading into obscurity because of his boring style.

If it wasnt for that promotional lawsuit he would have had that dominating pac-barrera2 win, got the belt over and done with, and moved up to lightweight a year and a half earlier than he actually did.

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
      Regardless of the weight situation people seem to forget that the only reason Marquez even got a shot at the 130 belt at all was because Pacquiao's quest for the 130lb belt was sidelined for a year and a half because of the promotional rights lawsuit between top rank and gbp which prevented Pacquiao's title shot after the 3rd morales fight despite being Barrera's MANDATORY challenger.

Marquez had just recently lost his belt to chris john and had been fighting nobodies turdsak jandaeng and jimrex jaca for vacant belts. and having a hard time getting fights at all.

That lawsuit gave Marquez the break of a lifetime just as he was fading into obscurity because of his boring style.

If it wasnt for that promotional lawsuit he would have had that dominating pac-barrera2 win, got the belt over and done with, and moved up to lightweight a year and a half earlier than he actually did.
      And what's the relevance of this post? We are talking about Pac vs Marquez 2 and the excuses Pac stans are making to make Marquez seem like he got lucky, I agree he got lucky that Manny fought him a 2nd time, cause I'm sure Arum and Roach would have preferred to stay FAR AWAY from Marquez, Marquez takes out 2 of the top 3 LWs and KO's them, they keep moving up in weight (honestly don't blame them for taking the DLH fight) but now he loses badly and Roach wants to make the 3rd fight at an even higher weight then the Mayweather fight (while criticizing May's win), look I know there are smart Pac fans that are a fan of the sport 1st and a fan of Manny 2nd, but these Pac tard that favor Manny to BEAT SRR and Trinidad at 147 are just delusional nut-huggers, this isn't an attack on all Pac fans, only the dumb ****s that think he is god.

Comment

And what's the relevance of this post? We are talking about Pac vs Marquez 2 and the excuses Pac stans are making to make Marquez seem like he got lucky, I agree he got lucky that Manny fought him a 2nd time, cause I'm sure Arum and Roach would have preferred to stay FAR AWAY from Marquez, Marquez takes out 2 of the top 3 LWs and KO's them, they keep moving up in weight (honestly don't blame them for taking the DLH fight) but now he loses badly and Roach wants to make the 3rd fight at an even higher weight then the Mayweather fight (while criticizing May's win), look I know there are smart Pac fans that are a fan of the sport 1st and a fan of Manny 2nd, but these Pac tard that favor Manny to BEAT SRR and Trinidad at 147 are just delusional nut-huggers, this isn't an attack on all Pac fans, only the dumb ****s that think he is god.
        how is it delusional when boxing is about style matchups? A fantasy matchup cannot be proven or disproven.

I happen to think Pac would beat both Leonard and Trinidad at 147 after seein that Cotto fight but would lose to the same Duran that quit against Leonard because Duran wouldnt be frustrated having to chase Pac all over the ring.

As far as my previous post I was just alluding to the fact that while I wouldnt take anything away from Marquez The people crying weightdrained do have a legitimate case. Marquez was lucky to have any fight at all. He was no longer the #1 at 126lbs and couldnt land a big fight to save his life if it werent fo Pac-Barrera2 being delayed. Because of that Pacquiao had the extra year and a half to fill out and perhaps....outstay his welcome at 130lbs the same way Cotto did at 140lbs.
        Last edited by shadeyfizzle; 11-30-2009, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Quoted for hate

Comment

how is it delusional when boxing is about style matchups? A fantasy matchup cannot be proven or disproven.

I happen to think Pac would beat both Leonard and Trinidad at 147 after seein that Cotto fight but would lose to the same Duran that quit against Leonard because Duran wouldnt be frustrated having to chase Pac all over the ring.

As far as my previous post I was just alluding to the fact that while I wouldnt take anything away from Marquez The people crying weightdrained do have a legitimate case. Marquez was lucky to have any fight at all. He was no longer the #1 at 126lbs and couldnt land a big fight to save his life if it werent fo Pac-Barrera2 being delayed. Because of that Pacquiao had the extra year and a half and perhaps....outstay his welcome at 130lbs the same way Cotto did at 140lbs.
            I was talking about Robinson, not Leonard, but are we talking about the same Leonard that was faster, stronger than Manny, longer reach and in my opinion a better boxer? I'm sorry, I just can't see it, I guess depending on how he "beats" Tito at 147, some were saying by 2-4 rds KO....and we both know, that isn't possible, now, Marquez wouldn't get fights at 126-130 because no one wanted to take the risk and Nacho did some stupid management on his part, Marquez just had bad luck with management early on his career and his style isn't boring (well in my opinion), I like all styles, but hey can't really blame you, but yea, still it doesn't change the fact that Manny's kryptonite is Marquez from 126-140 fights will be competitive (140 not so much but the opening rounds).

Comment

Originally posted by willybullet View Post
              Quoted for hate
              Quoted for hate my ass. How bout quoting the interview where Marquez openly admits that Barrera fight saved his career.

Comment

Quoted for hate my ass. How bout quoting the interview where Marquez openly admits that Barrera fight saved his career.
                I will admit, I don't like Marquez's hate towards Manny or the fact how he disrespected Manny by going to the PI, but Manny himself comes up with excuses in both of their fights, couldn't finish him in their 1st fight because of socks and 2nd fight he was weight drained....so both need to grow up.
                Last edited by LilGizmo562; 11-30-2009, 11:36 PM.

Comment

I will admit, I don't like Marquez's hate towards Manny or the fact how he disrespected Manny by going to the PI, but Manny himself comes up with excuses in both of their fights, couldn't finish him in their 1st fight because of socks and 2nd fight he was weight drained....so both need to grow up.
                  1st excuse was for the morales fight, not marquez. Even though i think the gloves made a biggger difference than socks. 2nd fight Pac himself never made any excuses. He just felt that in his mind he'd beaten Marquez twice already so that business was finished. It was neurotic fans that were saying it in retaliation for all the pac haters saying that the only way to explain pac's success is because he only fought weight drained fighters.

Comment

1st excuse was for the morales fight, not marquez. Even though i think the gloves made a biggger difference than socks. 2nd fight Pac himself never made any excuses. He just felt that in his mind he'd beaten Marquez twice already so that business was finished. It was neurotic fans that were saying it in retaliation for all the pac haters saying that the only way to explain pac's success is because he only fought weight drained fighters.
                    Ok so where did Pac fan's get the weight drained excuse from? I read an article Zarco posted saying he was making the weight comfortably...

Comment

Working...
                    X