Collapse
No announcement yet.

sparring headache

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I took a shot yesterday, went into the 3rd round with this cruiserweight who's had like 6 amateur fights and he lost one of em in florida, says the guys were ready for him and changed their boy's style up and he ended up losin a decision. anyway,when i get tired i start making some stupid mistakes, i got tired and started dropping my lead hand and breathing hard, lookin for a rest. he read me like a book, slipped my lazy jab and caught me with a good lead left hook before i could tie him up and push him off of me.. im not makin excuses, but i did lots of pushups and situps the day before,plus swam and ran in the morning, so i was sore all over and i think that's why my jab felt a little weaker. I got in some good jabs during the match,but they werent hittin him like they were Keenan, the first experienced guy i sparred..Then again Keenan always is movin forward pressure fighter and is a little shorter than this guy, whos more of a rangy mover who can punch and move his head well.

I wasnt dazed or hurt at all, my equalibrium was absolutely fine, but the shot hurt my jaw.when i went home it hurt to chew. I could eat popcorn though...i just drank alot of milk and passed out

today when i woke up it felt alot better, and it's gotten better throughout the day but it hurt pretty badly right after I got hit and after I left the gym. It's fine now tho. No headaches yet, but i havent really taken a hard punch from a heavyweight yet. im about to ride to the gym in a little bit. 6 to 8 pm. yesterday on the way home i had it in my head that i didnt want to spar today but now that the time keeps nearing, if they spar i'm gonna say what the hell and get some rounds in.
    Last edited by SquareCircle; 08-11-2006, 05:15 PM.

Comment

pain is gods way of telling you something is wrong

1) What are the signs of a concussion?
      · "seeing stars" and feeling dazed, dizzy, or light-headed
      · trouble remembering things, such as what happened directly before and after the injury occurred (this can happen even with mild concussions)
      · nausea or vomiting
      · headaches
      · blurred vision and sensitivity to light
      · slurred speech or saying things that don't make sense
      · difficulty concentrating, thinking, or making decisions
      · difficulty with coordination or balance (such as being unable to catch a ball or other easy tasks)
      · feeling anxious or irritable for no apparent reason
      · feeling overly tired
      Remember a concussion can occur even if the athlete doesn't lose consciousness

Comment

I had headaches from hitting the bag at first and later from sparring. I started really working my neck, though, and that helped. I think a lot of mine was neck strain.

Comment

Originally posted by icedog11
          1) What are the signs of a concussion?
          · "seeing stars" and feeling dazed, dizzy, or light-headed
          · trouble remembering things, such as what happened directly before and after the injury occurred (this can happen even with mild concussions)
          · nausea or vomiting
          · headaches
          · blurred vision and sensitivity to light
          · slurred speech or saying things that don't make sense
          · difficulty concentrating, thinking, or making decisions
          · difficulty with coordination or balance (such as being unable to catch a ball or other easy tasks)
          · feeling anxious or irritable for no apparent reason
          · feeling overly tired
          Remember a concussion can occur even if the athlete doesn't lose consciousness

So I'm concussed every morning when I wake up?

Comment

No............

Comment

Originally posted by fraidycat
              I had headaches from hitting the bag at first and later from sparring. I started really working my neck, though, and that helped. I think a lot of mine was neck strain.

Comment

Working...
              X