Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo Is Not a Middleweight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OP is dumb and dont know ****. Fighting in MW division doesn't mean fighters came up 160 lbs 1 day before the fight but it mean your 1 day weight-in range from 155 to 160 lbs, 160 is just the limits. if your 1 day weight-in are above 154 and below 160 then you are in MW division.

so there you are, Canelo is in fact a middle weight

there are some teenager who still can make 4-5 lbs below the limit of their fight division.

EDIT: just seen natas's post above 39 years old hopkins came at 156lbs and Oscar came at 155lbs for undisputed MW title in 2004. and i'm sure hopkins can make 155 if oscar demand it.

there the evidence, you rancid puddle of period bloods
    Last edited by betmen; 11-27-2015, 12:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman0811 View Post
      Show me a middleweight who can make 155.

I don't buy this "Canelo is bigger" argument. If Canelo is bigger, then GGG shouldn't have a problem making 155, since the bigger guy can make that weight.

Not defending the catchweight bull****. But, let Canelo come up to true 160 first, fight some middleweights, test the waters, then fight GGG.

GGG only calls out small dudes. 160 is weak, not impressed with his opposition at all. I'm okay with Canelo fight, but let him acclimate to division first, never even fought at 160 or fought a true middleweight, yet.
      GGG isn't calling Canelo. .he's calling out da man with the belt..it's was Martinez 1st 3G call him out. ..then Cotto and 3G call him out..now it's Canelo. .3G is calling him out..he wants da belt..not da name..just whomever has da belt...Canelo is as big or bigger than GGG. .he just does same as Chávez jr uses to do..fight at lower weight bc that's their advantage in da ring..he's gonna continue to fight at 155 vs jrMW till he can't no more..same thing happened to 1 dimensional Chávez jr. .he had to moved up n fight fighters his size n look what happen to him for being 1 dimensional..canelo lack off skills won't effect him vs jr MW at 155 bc they won't be able to hurt or KO him..he couldn't even KO Cotto a Jr MW..canelo should vacate in a few days. . Then ask GGG for a CW at 155 in which 3G said he will do. .he just won't do 155 fight for MW belts..imo GGG beats him at any weight. .Canelo isn't or ever be ready for 3G..he lacks skills. Can't cut ring off yet. .n uses of da jab is weak..n da fact da he couldn't finish Cotto says a lot about his power.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
        Show me a JMW that comes in at 155? I s he isn't a ME or JMW? Show me your proof dumb az!
        How me another 155 lber that blows up to LHW?
        Well, what's closer to the max weight limit for each, 155 to 154 or 155 to 160? Let me help you out, 1 lb. difference versus a 5 lb. difference. Come on, son! You think guys who fight at middleweight prefer to come in right at 160, or do you think they really prefer to loose another 5 lbs and come in at 155, just for kicks and giggles. Another example, who would you favor in a fight against a guy who fought his last 5 fights at 141, technically a welterweight, against a guy who comes in at 147 pounder, best welterweight, and who happens to be a knockout artist? This is getting boring, step your game up, son!

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
          That says it all. I can't comprehend why people are acting like 155 isn't middleweight.
          Show me other top ranked middleweights who come in at 155. Pretty simple request. Let's see how long this takes.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterinMI View Post
            Sorry but this is one of the worst thought out arguments I have ever seen.

1. If you hold a middle weight strap you can't claim you need to test the waters.
            2. Catch weights are one thing but you can't mandate a mandatory challenger for your strap do a catch weight.
            3. Conelo is HUGE. He walks around at light heavy or above. He has a huge frame as well.

I get it. He wants that advantage. Got it. Just don't do it with a mandatory title defense. That degrades the entire sport amd is straight up BS.
            It really isn't. Who did he beat to get that middleweight title? Hmm, lets see, another guy who had no business at middleweight, and who most likely will finish his career at 154. I absolutely never defended a catch-weight fight. Canelo should vacate if he doesn't fight GGG next. Next point, what does it matter if he walks around at 175? Do you understand the difference between walk around weight and fighting weight? Surely, you don't think Canelo can fight guys at 168 or 175, just because he walks around at this weight. Really poor arguments on your part.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
              Transitioning into a new division? I'm a somewhat Canelo fan but I call that an utter garbage. Just the logic, not you personally.

155 IS already in the middleweight division, and he's had a few fights there. If he wants to be considered a small middleweight, then that's what the junior middleweight division is for (at 154).

I can never follow Canelo's logic here. It is obvious he's draining himself to make 155. Why drain yourself when you can fight healthily at the middleweight limit (160)?

This is just crazy.
              So, your idea of a guy moving up to another division, is to go straight into a match with the best fighter in the division, and who happens to be a knockout artist. Your argument is pretty poorly thought out. Just because he fights at the lower limit of the middleweight division, 155, doesn't mean he is ready to fight the best 160 pounder, a killer knockout artist. Why are people so offended by the idea of letting Canelo come in at 160 for weigh ins, and actually fighting a few true middleweights before taking on GGG. Vacate the belt, absolutely, but what is so wrong about waiting a few fights before fighting GGG.

Another example, what chances does a guy who's last 5 fights were at 141, and who has never fought a true and full fledged welterweight in his life, have against the best welterweight in his class, who comes in at 147, and who is a killer knockout artist? It's really not very hard to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                lol what? You realize all these guys are cutting weight right, some more than others. There have been plenty of fighters over the years that fought at both 154 and 160.

Bernard Hopkins, who is 6'1, weighed 156 against Oscar and surely could have made 155 if he wanted to or had to.

At the end of the day, Canelo IS the WBC, Ring and Lineal middleweight champion of the world. End of story.
                Yes, I understand fighters cut weight. Don't see what you are trying to get at with that statement. But, ummm, you realize Hopkins, a true middleweight, fought De la Hoya, a 154 pounder, at a catchweight for the middleweight title, right? The irony? I can't understand what you are trying to get at? Are you saying GGG can make 155 no problem?

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                  I don't know why Canelo draws this hard line at 155. He could just fight at 160. He might be stronger at 160 and it's only 5 pounds. He is my favorite fighter but I don't understand why he does this.
                  the point is to make the other guy weaker

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman0811 View Post
                    Show me a middleweight who can make 155.

I don't buy this "Canelo is bigger" argument. If Canelo is bigger, then GGG shouldn't have a problem making 155, since the bigger guy can make that weight.

Not defending the catchweight bull****. But, let Canelo come up to true 160 first, fight some middleweights, test the waters, then fight GGG.

GGG only calls out small dudes. 160 is weak, not impressed with his opposition at all. I'm okay with Canelo fight, but let him acclimate to division first, never even fought at 160 or fought a true middleweight, yet.
                    Holy **** this forum is overridden with dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by betmen View Post
                      OP is dumb and dont know ****. Fighting in MW division doesn't mean fighters came up 160 lbs 1 day before the fight but it mean your 1 day weight-in range from 155 to 160 lbs, 160 is just the limits. if your 1 day weight-in are above 154 and below 160 then you are in MW division.

so there you are, Canelo is in fact a middle weight

there are some teenager who still can make 4-5 lbs below the limit of their fight division.

EDIT: just seen natas's post above 39 years old hopkins came at 156lbs and Oscar came at 155lbs for undisputed MW title in 2004. and i'm sure hopkins can make 155 if oscar demand it.

there the evidence, you rancid puddle of period bloods
                      No ****, Sherlock. Just because a fighter comes in 1 lb. above the lower limit for the division, doesn't mean he is a true middleweight. How many of the top middleweights do you see willingly come in at 155. Show me a list of middleweight champions who come in at 155 for title fights. I can wait for an answer. Teenagers? Okay, ****. Have no idea what teenagers have to do with this.

And you do realize the Hopkins-De La Hoya fight is exactly the fight scenario playing out with GGG-Canelo right: a middleweight fighting a junior middleweight? Are you saying GGG can make 155? If he can, then what's the problem? There's your evidence, you miserable piece of subhuman ****.

Comment

Working...
                      X