No announcement yet.

Ward vs Fonfara January 2013?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ward vs Fonfara January 2013?

according to polish media Andre Ward is aiming Andrzej Fonfara as his first victim at 175. No predicitions needed.

http://www.ringpolska.pl/andrzej-fon...zniu-2013-roku

Ewwwwwwwwwwwww
    only thing he got to his name is a win over Johnson.
    Why not Dawson rematch at 175? Make more money and bigger splash and take his lineal belt

Comment

Thats a big fight in Chicago, Ward would get some more recognition there i guess. It may be a test fight for 175. He doesn`t need to jump on Dawson Hopkins or Pascal right away.

Comment

Originally posted by molinari View Post
        Thats a big fight in Chicago, Ward would get some more recognition there i guess. It may be a test fight for 175. He doesn`t need to jump on Dawson Hopkins or Pascal right away.
        He'd beat Dawson again at 175 anyway IMO.

Comment

What a joke of a fight. I know it would be his first fight at 175, but there's gotta be someone else; someone who's at least in the top 10.

No way there's any truth to that.

Why don't you do the 99.9% of people who can't read or speak Polish on this website a favor and translate.
          Last edited by RlCKY; 10-04-2012, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
            Ewwwwwwwwwwwww
            only thing he got to his name is a win over Johnson.
            Why not Dawson rematch at 175? Make more money and bigger splash and take his lineal belt
            Dawson shouldn't take that fight so soon, he was mentally submitted. I don't think he would, but you can't underestimate the ****** in him.

Comment

Ain't nothing wrong with a tuneup. As long as I don't have to pay anything to see it.

Man how boxing has changed though. Every fight is expected to be a megafight nowadays. Virgil Hunter after the Dawson fight said that he wanted Ward to fight every 3-4 months like the old school fighters used to do. If that's the case I have no problems with stay busy fights here and there.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                Ain't nothing wrong with a tuneup. As long as I don't have to pay anything to see it.

Man how boxing has changed though. Every fight is expected to be a megafight nowadays. Virgil Hunter after the Dawson fight said that he wanted Ward to fight every 3-4 months like the old school fighters used to do. If that's the case I have no problems with stay busy fights here and there.
                Tune-ups are for fighters who are either making a comeback (injury or otherwise) to knock off the rust. Otherwise it's just...a fight

When you are considered amongst the best in the world, you should be fighting the best available fighter each and every time out. Now I understand Ward might fight a Pavlik or Chavez for financial reasons.

I'm sick of seeing guys get to the top, or get a paper belt and then do nothing. See Dmitri Pirog, Alexander Povetkin, Canelo.

I understand he's testing the waters in a new division, but like I said in my previous post, it could at least be against a top 10 fighter.

Comment

Is Pascal available? If so, he should fight him and then rematch Dawson for the 175 belt.

Comment

Lmao! Drain Dawson, beat him easily, get put @ #1 P4P foot beating a zombie, 2 months later announce that you're moving up to 175 then weeks later we find out he's fighting bum ass Fonfara. Perrrrrrrrrrrrrrfect.

Btw Scully said they need to build Dawson back up before they talk about a rematch.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                    X