Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would boxing be more popular if they used stage names like wrestlers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those who promote themselves seem to benefit greatly from PPV buys and crossing over. By promoting themselves I don't mean being their own boss, I mean going that extra mile in interviews, pressers, trash talking, or fighting style. You can also be very appealing if you are an action fighter who gets KO's at the top level.

There's no need for nicknames. Cotto is the 3rd biggest star in boxing, with no notable nickname. When you lack one thing, be very strong in others. Cotto lacks personality and trash talking, but is always in action fights, so his fights will always have good viewership numbers. Floyd lacks some pop and has brittle hands, yet is undefeated in 45 fights and does a lot of trash talking and says a lot of controversial things.

Comment

You do know that wrestling isn't that popular anymore right?

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
        You do know that wrestling isn't that popular anymore right?
        I haven't watched wrestling since the 1980s but I do know that the WWE organization is HUGE and generates far more money than boxing!

Comment

it would suck big time man ...it would seem scripted as **** ..theres a reason why most wwe (or whatver) fans are kids and rednecks (rednecks from all ethnic groups, lol), you know the dumbasses..

Comment

If that was the case, El Camaron would be the most famous boxer in boxing. Especially if he made his entrance with a camaron costume.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
              it would suck big time man ...it would seem scripted as **** ..theres a reason why most wwe (or whatver) fans are kids and rednecks (rednecks from all ethnic groups, lol), you know the dumbasses..
              It already is mostly scripted might as well make it more out in the open and give boxers gimmicks too.

Comment

That's what nicknames are for, stage names are just stupid and sound cheesy. You wouldn't give football players stage names to help them sell more would you?

Comment

What I wanna see is for each fighter to have a WWF style signature entrance and theme song. Who doesn't like a good wrestling pop?

Comment

The only possibilities of boxing being revived, respected and main stream again: 1) Get rid of all of these frickin' belts 2) Two or Three superstars emerge. Like if Tyson, Delahoya and Muhammad Ali were all fighting in their primes at the same time with formidable opposition.

With all of these organizations, belts and champions it's just plain bull****.

Nick names have nothing to do, and never will, with boxings popularity.............. Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                      It already is mostly scripted might as well make it more out in the open and give boxers gimmicks too.
                      That is the stupidest thing that you have ever written. I would like to hear your evidence that fights are 'scripted' so that I might be able to understand your theory.............. Rockin'

Comment

Working...
                      X