No announcement yet.

Sergio Martinez :"I'm still number 1" Sergio breaks down the MW division

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FromBA View Post
    Golovkin's record is a joke. Go to Boxrec and check it. His 27 opponents sum up 111 KO losses, not counting their losses to Golovkin. There's even a guy who has 109 fights with 102 losses, 37 of them KOs. GGG has beaten just 1 competitive fighter: Macklin, who had already 2 KO losses before this fight. It is not fair that a guy intends to get a stardom status having fought a bunch of bums while others has such a hard way to get just a title fight.

awww....you're a good boy. But GGG is the best.

Comment

Its does look like Geale can get his shot at Sergio with a win over Barker.

High stakes.

Comment

6 - Martin Murray - He was like I expected. He had his chance but he was dirty, he hit me several times with his knee on purpose, knee against knee and don’t believe he deserves a rematch. I will never give him a rematch.

hmm.. Pretty heavy accusation. Gotta re-watch this one to see if there is any indication.

All in all, good strategy from Murray if true and uncaught.

Comment

Originally posted by RA-Box View Post
          6 - Martin Murray - He was like I expected. He had his chance but he was dirty, he hit me several times with his knee on purpose, knee against knee and don’t believe he deserves a rematch. I will never give him a rematch.

hmm.. Pretty heavy accusation. Gotta re-watch this one to see if there is any indication.

All in all, good strategy from Murray if true and uncaught.
          It's bitterness because he got embarrassed in front of his own people.

Comment

Martinez-Murray was a real close fight. But I felt with the knockdown, Murray edged him. Plus he should have had another knockdown in his favor.

Comment

He didn't like being ruffed up abit!! Most runners don't!! If Murray had another shot he'd beat Sergio!! GGG stops him!!! Sergio doesn't have a stout chin to begin with let alone get slamed by GGG a Middleweight with power!!
              To me GGG is the Middleweight Champ, his two ABC belts are the same as as Sergio's ABC crap!
              I'm tired of guys who fight once every 12 to 15 months and if he's injury prone its time to quit!
              Ray.

Comment

I agree with that list! You don't lose your #1 based on what a few Bandwagon Fans thing, to be the man at 160 you still have to BEAT THE MAN!

Comment

Peter who? Lol I'll always be a fan of Sergio. Hopefully he can get himself back into shape, maybe beat up on one of these guys and then we can have the big GGG show down sometime next year. Bit surprised by the Murray comments though, I don't remember anything much untoward while watching it ... seem to recall a low blow possibly at some stage but the memories are hazy.

I think it's a good list btw Man that division is stacked

Comment

What Sergio says is true and false at the same time. He hasn't exactly fought like the top dog at 160 recently but no one has defeated him yet. In my opinion, he still is the man at middle weight but if he isn't able to recover his old form his reign will be over very soon. Someone has to beat him to take the crown whether you like it or not. But I agree it doesn't feel like he's the best anymore.

Comment

I like Sergio a lot and he used to be great, but I'm affraid age and injuries just are too much for him. Time to retire if you ask me, rather than be seen as a shadow of the great boxer he once was. Make no mistake, when he was in his prime he was one of the greatest ever.

Comment

Working...
                      X