Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's resume is better at 147lbs? Mayweather or Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tamis! View Post
    DLH cherrypicked Pac, and said time and again that time that "his weight at 147 was the best he ever felt" although everyone knows he's just talking outta his azz. No matter where you rank Mosley, he's still never the same with a long layoff to boot. Marquez was and always will be Pac's contrapello.

LOL at Clottey being a good win for Pac. How can you call a win over an armadillo a good one?

IMO both had pretty weak resumes at 147, but you floyd ****kriders are something else, spin it all you want then.

If it was the lower weights then it'll be a different story, especially Floyd at 130 and Pac with his Featherweight run.
    I though Clottey was a pretty good win for Pac too. Good on paper. Nobody knew that Clottey would be hiding in his shell throughout the fight.

Comment

• I think a point many of you are missing is that going into fights guys like Clottey and Ortiz look like good even great fights. But when situations arise like a guy completely packing it in for a whole fight or a bunch of fouling, those wins can be lessened. Then lessened even further when those fighters immediately get messed up by lesser fighters or vanish to a life of Ghanian shepherding.

Comment

• pretty even but i'd go with pac

Comment

• Originally posted by Nekeneg View Post
          I though Clottey was a pretty good win for Pac too. Good on paper. Nobody knew that Clottey would be hiding in his shell throughout the fight.
          I knew he would.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tamis! View Post
            Yeah mate it could swing right there with Floyd, quality wise. Just depends on the eye of the beholder.

I think it's no secret that Pac's run in WW is more of an afterthought for his whole career, except for the Cotto win IMO. The Bradley showing of Pac like we agreed before showed Pac's experience which can save him, but age is a pre-requisite.
            The reason why many people, including myself, think Mannys win over Cotto is tainted is because Manny already had a fight at 147. You fight Oscar at 147 and then force Cotto to come in at 145? B_itch move IMO.

Comment

• I consider the Bradley fight a win just to clarify.

It's even.

Comment

• Originally posted by Second Best View Post
                The reason why many people, including myself, think Mannys win over Cotto is tainted is because Manny already had a fight at 147. You fight Oscar at 147 and then force Cotto to come in at 145? B_itch move IMO.
                Pacfan's coping mechanism makes them fail to see this reasoning.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                  I think a point many of you are missing is that going into fights guys like Clottey and Ortiz look like good even great fights. But when situations arise like a guy completely packing it in for a whole fight or a bunch of fouling, those wins can be lessened. Then lessened even further when those fighters immediately get messed up by lesser fighters or vanish to a life of Ghanian shepherding.

Comment

• Voted PAC just to make the poll Even :P

Comment

• Mayweather by a mile.

Comment

Working...
                      X