Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saints players bounty suspensions handed out.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
    But who cares? Honestly.

Its one of the dumbest concepts i've ever heard
    It's mainly to make a statement, imo. Players whether they admit it or not, other than money, the driving factor is to be remembered as a great player and also a champion. Working together as a team for one common goal takes a ton of work and by stripping championships it really shows that whatever illegal happened can't be tolerated.

Comment

Roger Goodell is the best commisioner in sports

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
        Bullshit.

Plain and simple.

Even in Pop Warner, you used to get "incentives" for laying out someone.

NFL is getting pussified.

Raven's vs Steeler's. Let em eat.
        I used to think the same thing but that's not what they were punished for. They were asking for guys to cheap shot players and intentionally hurt them, that's not cool.

One thing is to make a play, another is to try an injure someone and then get paid for it.

Saints got hit hard but I can't say it was excessive.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
          I still don't see the point.

Games evolve. I get that.

But what's next? Two hand touch?

Flag football?
          football is to violent of a sport to alot of people and until people like you start giving the nfl some major money they are going to keep trying to make the game safer and less brutal for the parents of future athletes, sponsers and anyone who claims the sport is to violent

Comment

How is the Championship tainted? THey wouldnt have won it if they didnt have this program?
            the nfc championship game was a close game that went to overtime and i remember watching that game thinking the saints were borderline illegal so there is a strong possibility the vikings would have won, even after that game most people felt like the vikings looked like the better team even in a losing effort

Comment

Originally posted by letsgobrady View Post
              the nfc championship game was a close game that went to overtime and i remember watching that game thinking the saints were borderline illegal so there is a strong possibility the vikings would have won, even after that game most people felt like the vikings looked like the better team even in a losing effort
              What does that mean exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                I used to think the same thing but that's not what they were punished for. They were asking for guys to cheap shot players and intentionally hurt them, that's not cool.

One thing is to make a play, another is to try an injure someone and then get paid for it.

Saints got hit hard but I can't say it was excessive.
                Exactly, people just try to ignore the fact that the bounty was there to purposefully hurt players and knock them out of the game. It was all premeditated.

Those bounty hits included stretcher hit, basically hurting someone so bad theyd have to be taken off on a stretcher

Comment

This was nothing more than a way for the NFL To document they "care" about the players and they do everything they can to help "protect them"

All their doing is gathering their amo and making their case for all the lawsuits from EX player that are hitting the NFL.

Comment

Either way though, this changes the game even more on defense. In the last few years we have seen so many penalties for hitting, that if you're a defender you are really hindered. IMO, most hardcore football fans love defense(offense seems more for the casual) and if defenders can't play hard nose football that really sucks. Could you imagine if the league was always this way. Guys like Ronnie Lott, Jack Lambert, Mike Singletary, and Butkus might not of been as great as they were. Part of playing defense is about laying the wood and striking fear into the opposing teams players.

Comment

Exactly, people just try to ignore the fact that the bounty was there to purposefully hurt players and knock them out of the game. It was all premeditated.

Those bounty hits included stretcher hit, basically hurting someone so bad theyd have to be taken off on a stretcher
                      At first I thought it was just paying guys to make plays but once the details came out they were targeting specific areas, the head and illegal hits.

You can't justify wanting to purposely end someone's career.

Comment

Working...
                      X