Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Degale give away so many rounds?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
    Dude was really trying to take Andre out.

He literally gave away like 4 rounds :lol1
    He was looking to land bombs. Just looking, not acting on it or anything.

Dirrell had something to do with that though I think.

Comment

I think he gassed, he didn't just give away part of the fight, his punches in those rounds looked slower and with no power to them.

But he was smart, he figured he only needed 1-2 more rounds and so saved himself for the 11th and 12th and it worked. He did a good job of trying different things and adapting. In the 7th round I think it was, he went to the ropes a couple of times and got caught by something, and after that he avoided them.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
        I think he gassed, he didn't just give away part of the fight, his punches in those rounds looked slower and with no power to them.

But he was smart, he figured he only needed 1-2 more rounds and so saved himself for the 11th and 12th and it worked. He did a good job of trying different things and adapting. In the 7th round I think it was, he went to the ropes a couple of times and got caught by something, and after that he avoided them.
        He has previous though.

I can remember loads of his fights which have followed a similar pattern. Is he gassing in every fight? If he is its worrying because his work rate is good but not insane and he doesn't cut a lot of weight.

Comment

Dirrell found his range and his double jab was stopping DeGale from creating offence (even if it didn't land).

Comment

I think last night was a wee bit different. Dirrell sorted his positioning and movement to neutralise James's backhand and came back with his own leather. The coasting thing, it's there but not sure it was what we were seeing last night.

Comment

I actually think given the consistency with which he's behaved like that demonstrates he's just not a fighters fighter. He doesn't like getting hit.

Froch showed Dirrell up as the running mentally weak pot shotter. But Degale let Dirrell look manly and gutsy. What on earth does that say about Degale?

Comment

Philanthropy.

Comment

Originally posted by Kris Silver View Post
                  I actually think given the consistency with which he's behaved like that demonstrates he's just not a fighters fighter. He doesn't like getting hit.

Froch showed Dirrell up as the running mentally weak pot shotter. But Degale let Dirrell look manly and gutsy. What on earth does that say about Degale?
                  I dont think anyone likes getting hit lol, but I think thats harsh on Degale.

He dug deep when he needed to in all his fights (including Groves IMO as he won on my card by coming on strong late). It seems more like pacing problems to me.

Comment

stamina - his isn't great. Not sure its the training and more likely he just doesn't have the natural stamina many fighters have.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                      I dont think anyone likes getting hit lol, but I think thats harsh on Degale.

He dug deep when he needed to in all his fights (including Groves IMO as he won on my card by coming on strong late). It seems more like pacing problems to me.
                      I disagree sorry. Some crazy folk borderline do like getting hit. Degale runs cos he hates it.

That's no warrior of a fighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X