Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did Deontay Wilder win bronze if he can't box?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lovci View Post
    Lol at everyone down playing olympic wins and medals. What a sad pos forum.
    This. If it was so easy and based on luck then all the fat lards would win a medal in the olimpics.

Comment

Same way he is winning his pro fights I guess........

Comment

David Price won an Olympic medal and the pasty British b*tch has no jab, no chin and no heart.

Wilder is superior to him in everything. If Deontay were British the nuthugging by LacedUp and Earl would shatter their previous records from slagging off David Haye back before they wised up and realized that he also sucked.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          Even though Audley was in a weak pool of talents in the Olympics, he was a very good amateur. He was in the final of pretty much every competition he ever lined up in.
          Precisely my point though, someone can dominate the amateurs like Harrison and Biggs and you can say how did Audley Harrison win gold without being able to box? But that doesn't translate the pro levels.

Wilder didn't even excel in the amateurs, winning bronze is not guarantee that he can box well in the pro's as Biggs and Harrison proved.

Comment

talent.

he's huge, fast, and has knockout power.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
              Precisely my point though, someone can dominate the amateurs like Harrison and Biggs and you can say how did Audley Harrison win gold without being able to box? But that doesn't translate the pro levels.

Wilder didn't even excel in the amateurs, winning bronze is not guarantee that he can box well in the pro's as Biggs and Harrison proved.

wilder absolutely exceled in the amateurs. winning a bronze at the olympics is a bad thing now?

he won the golden gloves and the national championships on a non olympic year as well.

he started boxing in '05 and won the nationals and golden gloves in '07...

you guys just like to hate on this young american prince. i understand.

Comment

I don't get the notion that "Wilder can't box, he sux yo.." that many a poster here is spewing. He looked like he was boxing well to me in the Liakhovich fight before the atomic KO.

The same posters tout Oldlanier Solis as the greatest boxing hw since Ali so I guess I shouldn't be so surprised or annoyed...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
                  David Price won an Olympic medal and the pasty British b*tch has no jab, no chin and no heart.

Wilder is superior to him in everything. If Deontay were British the nuthugging by LacedUp and Earl would shatter their previous records from slagging off David Haye back before they wised up and realized that he also sucked.
                  And if Price was American you'd say he'd beat anyone. Just like you ran around telling everyone how Malignaggi was going to "humiliate" Khan in NY. Lol. And because some people, myself included, picked Price to beat Thompson you act as if your knowledge of the game is superior because you "just don't believe the hype of all fighters".

Wasn't it also you who said Scott would humiliate Chisora? O wait. I guess that "premium knowledge and eye for talent" of yours didn't exactly work on that one either did it? Fool.

Oh and btw, I still back both Haye and Price. Just because they lost a couple of fights doesn't make me turn back on them. Unlike you who only backs winning fighters. Yes I've seen you.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post

Well Harrison was very big and boxed quite well for points. He was a very precise amateur but also had a 65% KO rate as an amateur or aomething close to that. So he had power as well. But we mustn't forget that Audley was 29/30 when he fought at te Olympics. He was more developed than anyone else. Physically that is.

Comment

Medals are nice and dandy but don't mean much sometimes.

For instance Henry Tillman, gold medalist, Tyson conquer in the amateurs.

Comment

Working...
                      X