No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Klitschko-Wach: Conflicting Statements on Fight Status

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Klitschko-Wach: Conflicting Statements on Fight Status

There appears to be conflicting statements regarding Mariusz Wach (25-0, 13 KOs) being considered as a November opponent for unified heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko fight (56-3, 49 KOs). The manager of Klitschko, Bernd Boente, has told several portals that Wach is not being considered as an option for Wladimir in November, but Wach's promoter, Mariusz Kolodziej of Global Boxing, continues to stand by his word that Wladimir's adviser, Shelly Finkel, made contact to see if their side is interested in facing Wladimir in November.

[Click Here To Read More]

It shows how little people know about boxing and how terrible they are at analyzing fighters that they even think Wach is world class.

The same people who ride his nuts think American Heavies are **** but at least 5 of them would beat Wach without breaking a sweat.

1) Chris Arreola (Probably by KO in the first 3 rounds)
    2) Tony Thompson (UD win 119-109)
    3) Eddie Chambers (UD win 118-110)
    4) Seth Mitchell (KO in 3)
    5) Michael Grant (UD win 116-112)

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
      It shows how little people know about boxing and how terrible they are at analyzing fighters that they even think Wach is world class.

The same people who ride his nuts think American Heavies are **** but at least 5 of them would beat Wach without breaking a sweat.

so why would wlad consider this guy to fight?

Comment

Originally posted by tx_boxing View Post
        so why would wlad consider this guy to fight?
        Well, the fans will get an awesome KO by Wlad because Wach is slow as hell. I don't even care if Wach has a granite chin, if you move and throw slowly Wlad will knock you the hell out. I've been waiting for a brutal KO win from Wlad so yeah, I'm going to like this fight just for that reason. Do I consider this a legit threat for Wlad?

No, but Wlad's already beaten the best at heavyweight and all the other fighters like Dimitrenko, Povetkin, Chambers are all busy right now with other fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post

Wach beats Mitchell and Grant, but loses to Klitschko victims Arreola, Chambers and Thompson.

Comment

If Wlad fights Wach, the division is even more shambolic than I thought.

It astonishes me how people can justify this fight. An absolute farce.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post
              If Wlad fights Wach, the division is even more shambolic than I thought.

It astonishes me how people can justify this fight. An absolute farce.
              If Wlad fought him in a non title fight thats one thing. But to make it a title defense against a mere prospect is a farce. His fans want him to stay busy and thats cool, but fighting him for the championship is a disgrace to the title just as it was for any other champion who would defend against such an undeserving fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                If Wlad fought him in a non title fight thats one thing. But to make it a title defense against a mere prospect is a farce. His fans want him to stay busy and thats cool, but fighting him for the championship is a disgrace to the title just as it was for any other champion who would defend against such an undeserving fighter.
                Here's the thing: Klitschko fighting anybody is a title fight, because if he loses, he's no longer the recognized heavyweight champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Asian Sensation View Post
                  Here's the thing: Klitschko fighting anybody is a title fight, because if he loses, he's no longer the recognized heavyweight champion.

The chances of him losing are pretty much nil. It's soft padding in my opinion, fluff. I wish Wach the best, loved his ko of McBride. But he hasn't even fought a top 20 fighter and just isn't very good. I criticize Wlad pretty strongly, and in my opinion am justified. But if this fight comes off I'll consider it shameful for the heavyweight division and more proof of how terribly weak this era truly is. That of course is no fault of Wlad's, but it doesn't need to be exacerbated by fighting a prospect with almost zero chance of winning. Jmo.

Comment

Well just get someone in line...

Comment

Working...
                    X