Collapse
No announcement yet.

Max Kellerman's Greatest Hits

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I understood what he meant there though... he said he struggled to find an accurate comparison and admitted the Louis one wasn't exactly accurate, but just simply how GGG is an offensive machine, effortlessly letting off power punches in a precise but measured way, stalking and knocking his opponents out is a good enough comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
      His endless love for Judah was embarrassing - "a combo of Tyson and Whitaker".

People say he was great on ESPN, but he was more of a fanboy on there than he is on HBO, where he's toned it down. On ESPN, he was saying Byrd got pepper sprayed from foreign substance on Wlad's gloves, and that's why his eyes were swollen.

All in all, being a fanboy is fine as long as you're going to be fair to the other guy - on ESPN, this wasn't the case but on HBO Kellerman has been pretty fair.
      Buy this man a scotch!!! 1000% accurate post!!

Comment

Max has forgotton more about this sport than most on this site will ever know. He is a true historian of the sport ans come a long way in the sport of boxing to be where he is today getting paid big bucks from the biggest cable network on the air.

Comment

Calzaghe got dropped by Chris Eubank....

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
            Max has forgotton more about this sport than most on this site will ever know. He is a true historian of the sport ans come a long way in the sport of boxing to be where he is today getting paid big bucks from the biggest cable network on the air.
            Agreed. I dont know why people hate on him so much. He does make a lot of comparisons and likes to name drop old fighters, but that's because he's trying to connect today's generation of fighters with the past. This helps keep old fans around while selling the new guys.

I like his analysis because he always backs up his arguments with evidence. You might not agree with his conclusions, but he rarely just makes anything up. Also, he never gets super emotional. He will get excited sometimes,but he never flies off the handle like Lamps or Paulie.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post

"Paul THE PUNISHER WILLIams is like a COMBINATION of TOMMY Hearns, PerNELL WHITaker, and Julio CEsar CHAVEZ"
              did he say that?? for real??

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                Originally posted by crazed_z06 View Post
                Agreed. I dont know why people hate on him so much. He does make a lot of comparisons and likes to name drop old fighters, but that's because he's trying to connect today's generation of fighters with the past. This helps keep old fans around while selling the new guys.

I like his analysis because he always backs up his arguments with evidence. You might not agree with his conclusions, but he rarely just makes anything up. Also, he never gets super emotional. He will get excited sometimes,but he never flies off the handle like Lamps or Paulie.
                Jesus, lighten up. It's supposed to be a humorous thread. I don't "hate" the guy. Just think he's annoying and a bit ****.

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                did he say that?? for real??
                Unfortunately yes....Williams then proceeded to get schooled by Carlos Quintana
                Last edited by Dirk Diggler UK; 08-03-2014, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  Jesus, lighten up. It's supposed to be a humorous thread. I don't "hate" the guy. Just think he's annoying and a bit ****.

Unfortunately yes....Williams then proceeded to get schooled by Carlos Quintana
                  well, he has been comparing GGG with joe louis, so it isn't that strange in the end

Comment

Comment

He said Povetkin vs Chambers reminded him of Ibeabuchi vs Byrd. If anyone can tell me where the resemblance between those fights, or the fighters in them, lie, I'd be indebted to him.

Comment

Working...
                      X