Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Austin Trout Angles To Land a Saul Alvarez Showdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trout vs. Canelo won't look anything like Trout vs. Rodriguez.

Trout usually engages and lets his hands go more than what we saw last night. The performance last night was 50/50 blame. Rodriguez was hesitant, lost and confused and trout was just able to coast to an easy UD.

With that said I still think Canelo outworks him.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
      Trout vs. Canelo won't look anything like Trout vs. Rodriguez.

Trout usually engages and lets his hands go more than what we saw last night. The performance last night was 50/50 blame. Rodriguez was hesitant, lost and confused and trout was just able to coast to an easy UD.

With that said I still think Canelo outworks him.
      Outworks him? No I don't think so, Canelo is not known for his activity, and he's also very static.

6'2 David "Destroyer" Lopez throws a lot more in a fight than Canelo and we know what happened there.

I just saw Lopez in a pretty good fight with Julio Cesar Garcia, and Destroyer Lopez still has the goods, he was one of the most avoided fighters on Middleweight and Jr Middleweight until Trout came to Mexico and beat him in a pretty good fight.

Lopez couldn't do anything to Trout

Comment

Let's be real here for a second, The only quality P.P.V. fights would be
        Canelo vs. Cotto or Mayweather, anything else should be on regular H.B.O. goldenboy better not shove a B.S. p.p.v. down our throats.

Comment

Trout has a better resume at 154 than Canelo does...Yea I said it.

Comment

hopefully he doesnt, but i think he could give canelo some problems, we need some exciting fighters

Comment

Trout southpaw style boxing ability and defense can pose some problems for Canelo I think it would be a good fight if it happens

Comment

Trout is a retty boring fighter, but at least he doesn't clinch and hold throughout the entire fight. Delvin had a big part in that fight being boring, he simply didn't throw at all, which I never thought would happen.

I'd like to see Trout-Rosado in September, and the winner can fight Alvarez in December.

Comment

Canelo works Trout out and get's the win.

Comment

Trout will force Canelo to increase his punch output and press the action. Alvarez has never faced a slick southpaw as skilled as Trout so you can't judge how he will attack Trout based on how he's fought against stationary stiffs like Mosley, Cintron, Hatton, and Gomez. If he sits back and waits for Trout he won't win the fight.

But anyways, my point was still that Trout vs Canelo will be a competitive entertaining fight got lost. Just because Trout/Rodriguez was a borefest doesn't mean Trout/Canelo will be.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                      Trout has a better resume at 154 than Canelo does...Yea I said it.
                      Been a while, good to see ya!! BTW I agree entirely. These people obviously developed amnesia real quick.

Comment

Working...
                      X