Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lewis would not have beaten Holyfield in his prime.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lewis would not have beaten Holyfield in his prime.

He didn't do that well against Holyfield who was already past it and much slower than in his prime.

watch Holyfield vs Foreman, at 208-210 lbs, he's very fast and looks less shop worn. I bet Holyfield could have possibly even stopped Lewis.

This could be said about many of the people Lewis fought.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
      He didn't do that well against Holyfield who was already past it and much slower than in his prime.

watch Holyfield vs Foreman, at 208-210 lbs, he's very fast and looks less shop worn. I bet Holyfield could have possibly even stopped Lewis.
      I agree. Holyfield had amazing speed/athleticism in his early heavyweight years. Even in the second Bowe fight, you can see what Holyfield could do against big heavyweights with his speed and skills. He would have been quick enough to close the distance and tag Lewis all night. Stopping Lewis would have been possible, but I don't see a total blow out. Lewis was on top for a reason, but he would have lost to a prime Holyfield.

Comment

That was he feeling I had when I watched the fight. However I always had my doubts that Holyfield was clean and did not use steroids at certain points in his training. Lewis was great but there is no question part of his legacy is down to picking the right time to fight certain fighters eg Holyfield and Tyson.

Comment

That would have been a close one. I don't think lennox gets enough credit. I don't think he's one of the best champion's ever but he was a solid tough motherf.ucker with no prime. it always just came down to who was the better fighter that night.

If they fought 10 times, Holyfield in his prime, I think they'd split it 5-5. Holyfield really doesn't have the power to stop Lewis tho I think.

Comment

Holyfield did not open up and go wild on Lennox like he did against Tyson and Bowe. Holyfield fought cautious, and two cautious boxers make for a boring fight.

27 year old Lennox who destroyed Ruddock in 2 would beat 93 Holyfield.

Comment

Lewis would win - his weakness was power which Holyfield did not have an abundance of at HW. Wild fight if they fought in the early 90s, Lewis was kind of a brawler back then.

Comment

Yes he would have

Comment

I agree, I'd pick prime Holyfield over prime Lewis......but by decision.

Comment

He would have made it a lot lot more competitive but i think lewis wins a close decision

Comment

Working...
                    X