No announcement yet.

USA Today: "Marquez is taking home $2 million. Floyd's is still unknown."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GetSumBrah View Post
    of course they are not gonna divulge mr.counterfeit cash's actual take. it doesnt take miss cleo to figure out that nobody is getting 15 mill guaranteed here. they dont want to divulge mr.counterfeit cash's actual guaranteed purse because they dont want to lose that bargaining chip vs pacquiao or cotto.
    Why are you so obsessed with Floyds finances.

Comment

at least is more than what his brother made for the 3 vazquez fight combined

Comment

Originally posted by SuckaPunch View Post
        Money matters:

Marquez's base salary is $2 million for the bout. TV undercard combatants Chris John will get $50,000; Rocky Juarez $80,000; Michael Katsidis $125,000; and Vicente Escobedo $90,000.

Mayweather's purse won't be known until Friday because of deductions, says Keith Kizer, executive director of the Nevada State Athletic Commission. The IRS is expected to attend to collect back taxes. According to Kizer, the agreed upon total is "unofficially $5 million."

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/boxin...-marquez_N.htm
        John making less than Juarez is sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Haymon View Post
          Why?

Well, I don't think that most of the crowd will be Mayweather supporters. And if it is true that JMM is only getting $2 mill, that's pathetic.

Comment

i think this is bull**** cuz this is what ufc fighters make.. somthing is up here...cmon chris john makin less then juarez? n 2 million for jjmm but hes the draw.. cmon.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_1985 View Post
              cool. Marquez deserves that kind of payday. $2 million dollars or whatever is left after tax and fees should make him comfortable. Good reward for a long successful career.
              if he does not live in the USA. he might not have to pay taxes

Comment

Originally posted by vercingetorix3 View Post
                I wonder how much Chris John made in Indonesia. Huge name over there, it must have ben at least $100,000
                if im not mistaken jmm made 30k for fighting john in indonesia. i have no idea how much of a payday john made in indonesia fighting marquez

Comment

How is Chris John, the champion, making less than Rocky Juarez, the challenger? I'd fire whoever negotiated a deal like that for me.

Comment

I thought it was a 5 million guarantee? Marquez made almost 2 million against Diaz. This makes no sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Asian Sensation View Post
                      How is Chris John, the champion, making less than Rocky Juarez, the challenger? I'd fire whoever negotiated a deal like that for me.
                      Preach on, brother.

Comment

Working...
                      X