Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBO is throwing more money into a Khan-Bradley fight to get it done

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This makes sense for HBO when you think about it.

They have a deal with Khan for a fight that day and they have to pay Bradley 1.2mil no matter who he fights, so they may as well pay a bit more and get a fight people actually wanna see, rather than 2 fights, that have less interest.

Comment

Originally posted by Squizz View Post
      Well said bro.

Bradley deserves as much money as possible. He takes tough fights, and this is no exception. He deserves a big payday. Just look at his resume. He supposedly got $1.3million for fighting Alexander, so why should he take the same for Kahn? I can't say I blame him for holding out.

Now that there is more money on the table, he should take the fight. If not, he's clearly ducking.
      Like Dunkin said(Bradleys manager)its about money but then its not..Bradley wants fights promise to him(which is understable)but for the right price he will bend and take the fight imo..

Comment

Funny thing is Khan will still make his $2 million once you include British tv, no matter what bradley does he doesn't get a bigger cut. He is just not a money generating fighter, $1.4 is a good offer, but I imagine Bradley is also looking for $2 mill, maybe he'l comprimise and they can meet somewhere in between.

Comment

if more money is put on the table and bradley still declines then he is obviously scared and petrified

no more excuses, sign the contract and prove urself

Comment

This doesn't make a difference. Bradley will not be available until after June, once his contract with Shaw expires. You can expect Bradley-Matthysse/Judah in the Fall.

Comment

I hope Bradley gets paid well for the beating he's going to receive.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                Seems like I may be in the minority,but I think Bradley-Khan is absolutely 1 of the biggest fights to be made in all of boxing.HBO is doing the right thing.More money equals no excuses from either side.

HBO let Manny go cause he was beating no-hopers.Khan-Bradley makes a lineal champion at 140.Outside of B-Hop trying for the record Saturday & the super 6 & Agbeko-Mares,this fight delivers the goods without bull**** ppv money.
                For some reason on here you are, but I agree with you. This fight is probably one of the biggest and best fights that can be made at this time. I applaud HBO for trying harder to make this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by blaze778 View Post
                  Honestly, HBO is doing what they can to give us good fights. Good for them, but this sends a message to other undeserving fighters, that they can basically just hold a fight everyone wants to see hostage so they can squeeze out even more money from HBO.
                  TBH that message been out there before Bradley or Khan..And I would not call Bradley or Khan undeserving..

Comment

Bradley already turned down at least 1.4 million, he obviously does not want the fight, he is too scared. I don't see him changing his mind, remember he has already publically said he would rather fight Khan next year. And after talking so much, the guy just seems like an idiot and a coward.

Comment

As much as i think Bradley has earned his spot at jww and does not deserve the short end of the $ against Khan; to refuse a chance to make a name for himself against Khan for 1.4 million was a dumb move IMHO.

If/When he beats Khan the money will start rolling in. Bradley should just make it happen.

Comment

Working...
                      X