Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BEST argument for May-Pac 50/50 split !!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a much better argument:

Originally posted by Cgarcia
    "Pacquiao tops Mayweather in PPV buys for last three fights"

http://www.************.com/2012/01/...-three-fights/

The link doesn't work. I don't know why. Here's the article:

'World Boxing Organization (WBO) champion Manny Pacquiao (54-3-2, 38 KOs) has topped WBC champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. (42-0, 26 KOs) in PPV buys for his last three fights. In addition Pacquiao's live gate attendance far exceeds Mayweather during the same time span.

Manny's last fight against Juan Manuel Marquez drew 1.41m PPV buys while Floyd's fight against Victor Ortiz drew 1.25m PPV buys. Floyd's fight with Marquez drew 1m PPV buys.

Pacquiao's fight with Antonio Margarito in 2010 drew 1.5m buys while Floyd's fight with Mosley drew 1.4m PPV buys. Despite Mosley being percieived as a shot fighter, Pacquiao drew 1.3m PPV buys in their May 2011 fight.

In total Pacquiao's last three fights have drawn 3.86m PPV buys while Mayweather's last three fights pulled 3.65m PPV buys. In summation, Pacquiao drew in 210,000 more PPV buys than Mayweather did. When you take into account the higher number of PPV buys that Pacquiao's fight have drawn, it translates into a cool $10M in cash.

It is true that the Oscar/Floyd fight in May 2007 drew a record of 2.4m PPV hits. Many boxing observers attribute the high PPV numbers in that fight to the extreme popularity of the Golden Boy, and the fact that it was held on Cinco De Mayo holiday.

But Pacquiao's recent higher PPV numbers only tell part of the story. In the same three fights Pacquaio sold out the venus, while Mayweahter's last three fights were not not sold out. In addition, when Pacquiao fights at the MGM Grand Arena in Las Vegas a significantly higher number of high rollers from Asia fly to Vegas for his fights. The economic impact in Las Vegas for a Pacquiao fight far outstrips that of any other fighter.

In a study by CSE, an integrated sports and marketing firm, Pacquiao is one of only two boxers in the 2012 Power Rankings of the most powerful athletes in the world. Manny is ranked at number 28. Mayweather is ranked 49th in the same study. Both on and off the field accomplishments are taken into account in the rankings. Endorsements and media presence figure heavily in the rankings.

Mayweather's assertion that he deserves a bigger piece of the pie if and when he fights Pacquiao is absurd notwithstanding Manny's statement a couple of months ago that he is willing to take a smaller cut. Of course Floyd now seizes Pacquiao's own words and uses them as a further excuse not to fight him."

-- John Mckenna

http://www.************.com/2012/01/...-three-fights/

Comment

If I were Pac I would take the $40 million and make the rest up in the defamation lawsuit.

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
        If I were Pac I would take the $40 million and make the rest up in the defamation lawsuit.
        Its not just as simple as Pac refusing 40 million. Theres all sorts or contracts and clauses no one is seeing.

Comment

I think it should Mayweather/Top Rank 50/50 split... Pac won't make 40 million if that was the case BUT the point is, it sounds good...

As long as a Jewish man gets to rip Pacquiao off, the media won't mind so much... But they'll be dmaned if a niggra has the audacity to do it....

And that's how everybody else feels too (just won't admit it)...

But c'mon Floyd, just BIT THE ****ING BULLET... Let Arum make 52 million, Pac make 27 million and you get the the other 79 million...

I think that a fair deal in all honesty... Don't you all agree?

Comment

"The economic impact in Las Vegas for a Pacquiao fight far outstrips that of any other fighter." -- John McKenna

Damn, no wonder Las Vegas loves the Pacman.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
              Mayweather tickets sell for more and his fans have more money to spend when they're here.

Pacquiao fans have less money and spend less.

Dude has been running a ticket broker for 30 years and this is what he said.

Better start writing him angry letters over in Philippines
              damn, everytime i read your post, you always got something smartass to say about the philippines....you dont know any filipinos do you and youre a xenophobe?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Ill View Post
                damn, everytime i read your post, you always got something smartass to say about the philippines....you dont know any filipinos do you and youre a xenophobe?
                Maybe because the only threads you read are Pac-May ones and what does every Pac-May thread have? Is it angry members of the Irish-American community? Or maybe it is full of Eskimos? Nope, I'm pretty sure every Pac-May thread is full of angry Filipinos. It isn't a xenophobe thing, trust. Funny, coming from a guy who's sig is about boxers and sexual preferences...

Comment

Originally posted by 26 and Live View Post
                  LMAO... I would hope he takes 50/50 just to see the fight too...

I don't know if I'm a Flo Mo or if the guy who has been in the business for 30 years is a Flo Mo... But it doesn't matter, somebodies a frigging Flo MOOOO!!!

My flo mo comment was a joke, Made that joke because the guy in video would be accuse of been a flo mo just because he is using his 30 years experience on the video.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                    Maybe because the only threads you read are Pac-May ones and what does every Pac-May thread have? Is it angry members of the Irish-American community? Or maybe it is full of Eskimos? Nope, I'm pretty sure every Pac-May thread is full of angry Filipinos. It isn't a xenophobe thing, trust. Funny, coming from a guy who's sig is about boxers and sexual preferences...

nah i read many threads and i dont see your posts there...my sig is about boxers and his sexaul preference so? these are real photos btw..do you see me talking **** about a whole nation?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                      My flo mo comment was a joke, Made that joke because the guy in video would be accuse of been a flo mo just because he is using his 30 years experience on the video.
                      oh that was a joke? funny haha...not

Comment

Working...
                      X