No announcement yet.

Golden Divorce just got real! GBP files arbitration for $50 Mil in damages

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
    Arbitration has nothing to do with Haymon. It's all GBP vs. Schaefer.
    You don't think Haymon will finance Richard out of this? Get real.

Comment

That's clearly not what the arbitration is about tho. They didnt file an arbitration against haymon.
      If you read the article, Oscar wasn't allowed to file a lawsuit. Of which I'm sure he wanted to, considering what Richard did.

Comment

That's a lot of coke

Comment

Smh no it doesn't. Where do u get this stuff from?
          If the whole bit about Scheafer violating fiduciary duty is true, then Duva was correct about about that part in her lawsuit against them.

Comment

Originally posted by PlasterWraps View Post
            You don't think Haymon will finance Richard out of this? Get real.
            U honestly think Schaefer needs Al to finance him? Schaefer is probaky the richest guy out of the group. U guys live in la la land.

Comment

That's clearly not what the arbitration is about tho. They didnt file an arbitration against haymon.
              What is it clearly about then?

Other than the dollar figure it is asking for, it is unclear what Golden Boy is accusing Schaefer of, although much of the public discussion surrounding his leaving the company has centered on the fact that he regularly put fighters advised by Al Haymon on major cards even though Golden Boy did not have them under promotional contract, which angered De La Hoya.
              And are you saying things aren't clear with GBP fighters yet?

I think I'd agree since most people who're with Haymon already made it very publicly known they're with Haymon

Comment

I think it is highly possible he has failed in his fiduciary duty to them. We will see how this plays out.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                  If the whole bit about Scheafer violating fiduciary duty is true, then Duva was correct about about that part in her lawsuit against them.
                  That's not how it works. Arbitration is not a court of law. It's independent. And that's not even the point. U cannot use a finding of wrongdoing in or case as the basis for another. That's akin to hearsay. Doesn't work that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post

I think I'd agree since most people who're with Haymon already made it very publicly known they're with Haymon
                    I think Oscar has a good idea of what fighters are his abd what fighters aren't. I'm a lawyer and if his lawyers haven't figured that out by now that's malpractice.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post

Put it this way. $50 million in damages is more than just an employment agreement. In order to get that amount there has to be some damages related to the business. And that would be what the article talks about: Diverting the fighters towards Haymon which is a loss of future revenues for GBP.

Comment

Working...
                      X