Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tarver: I Beat Kayode in Every Facet of The Game!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tarver: I Beat Kayode in Every Facet of The Game!

It’s not the best way to keep an unbeaten streak alive, but Antonio Tarver can still look at his pair of losses to Chad Dawson as the last time he had to contend with the taste of the defeat.

The 43-year old southpaw held unbeaten cruiserweight prospect Lateef Kayode to a 12-round draw in their Showtime-televised main event Saturday evening at the Home Depot Center in Carson, Calif. The bout was there for the taking for Tarver, who began slow before picking up steam in the second half.

[Click Here To Read More]

Had you winning close, but you shouldn't have given away the early rounds to him

Comment

Both of these guys barking after that boring ass fight

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        Both of these guys barking after that boring ass fight
        Kayode was entertaining... in the way he was acting ******ed.

Comment

They both talked maad s.h.it but i like kayode's better lmao. I agree with a draw. Thats fine by me

Comment

started slow yes but won rounds 5-12 with the exception of 11.

I had it 7-5 for tarver but no real problem with the draw.

Problem I had was kayode acting the way he did afterwards. The man ran from a 43 year old all night. F'ed tarver up? when. I saw at least 3 times kayode was hurt. Not once did I see the champ hurt.

Whether the feet are tangled or not, if a punch is landed is it not a knockdown? Kayode came forward and tarver's short left land. Should have been a kd. Replayed it 10 times.

Everytime they praised kayode for great body shots the replay would show nothing but lowblows and blocks.

Comment

Very slow start for Tarver ... from my perspective, it looked like Tarver's corner brought a reality to where he was in the fight after 5 rounds. It appeared to wake up Tarver .... so he did well after that.

A draw was acceptable due to the slow start Tarver had.

Comment

Tarver UD, he was more effective period

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
                  started slow yes but won rounds 5-12 with the exception of 11.

I had it 7-5 for tarver but no real problem with the draw.

Problem I had was kayode acting the way he did afterwards. The man ran from a 43 year old all night. F'ed tarver up? when. I saw at least 3 times kayode was hurt. Not once did I see the champ hurt.

Whether the feet are tangled or not, if a punch is landed is it not a knockdown? Kayode came forward and tarver's short left land. Should have been a kd. Replayed it 10 times.

Everytime they praised kayode for great body shots the replay would show nothing but lowblows and blocks.
                  I scored it a draw.

In the first 5 round I had every round but the 3rd going to Kayode- Tarver really did very little.

Going into midfight that had Tarver in a big hole.

I had Antonio sweeping rounds 6-9.

For my scoring the pivotal round for the outcome of the fight is the 10th.

If Tarver takes the 10th, I have him sweeping rounds 6 on.

On my score I gave the close round to Kayode, but Tarver takes the 11th and 12th.

114-114 Draw.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                    Kayode was entertaining... in the way he was acting ******ed.
                    LOL so true the dude was acting out something awful. he should have taken the fight to the older tarver. insted of leaving the judges to make the decision for him. no room to complain IMO.

Comment

Working...
                    X