Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Good Could The Duke Tommy "Machine Gunn" Morrison Have Been?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
    Before the HIV diagnosis he had just signed with Don King was all set to fight Tyson next. It would have been an interesting matchup to say the least.
    That would of been a great fight, shame it didnt happen

Comment

I think he was a very exciting fighter to watch because the chances were in a Morrison fight you were going to see a knock out, either him knocking the guy out or getting KO'd himself. I really think he reached his full potential, he would never be anything better than a challenger and possibly picking up some ABC title. I dont think he could beat either Klit brother. An exciting but flawed fighter.

Comment

when you watch Morrisson firing his uppercutts in combination, missing a lot, very early in his fights, you just know the man is limited and is doing very dangerous things from a technical point of view

no wonder he was knocked out by Mercer and Bentt

however, I do like his win over Foreman : he fought a disciplined fight, showed he could box a bit, in and out with combinations, and showed a good chin for once when he got hit

he would probably be a titlist in the modern era, but never the top dog, because of his limited skills, his somewhat weak chin and poor stamina

I might add his ko of Ruddock was a thing of beauty

his left hook is top 5 AT
        Last edited by Tiozzo; 10-23-2010, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X