Prime Ray Mercer would of destroyed Haye

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QuCongee View Post
    That's for damn sure.

A properly motivated Mercer was a bad motherfcker.
    Haye would crumble under Mercer's pressure. He would probably outbox Mercer in spells, but he would still get beat down. Mercer would do what Carl Thompson did. Take Haye's best then beat Haye down when he is tired. Haye has improved his stamina since then, but he still gets tired. See Barrett v Haye.

Comment

I will wait to see how Haye does against Wlad first, as for Mercer sometimes he performed well but he did have some poor performance's, i remember seeing his fight before Morrison and he looked poor in that before coming up with one punch late in the fight he also lost a chance to fight Bowe when he lost to Fergusson and he also lost to an old Larry Holmes. But he could also perform well.

Comment

I agree.

Prime Ray Mercer fought a very close fight with Lennox Lewis, a top 10 ATG Heavyweight though, so it's not like it's embarrassing though...

Comment

Originally posted by DavrosPremuleas View Post
          I will wait to see how Haye does against Wlad first, as for Mercer sometimes he performed well but he did have some poor performance's, i remember seeing his fight before Morrison and he looked poor in that before coming up with one punch late in the fight he also lost a chance to fight Bowe when he lost to Fergusson and he also lost to an old Larry Holmes. But he could also perform well.

Yes Mercer was inconsistent.

Mercer could be outboxed, but if he was in the mood(Cooper,Lewis) he was more than a handful.

Comment

A prime Mercer would have beaten a lot of guys. No shame in that.

Comment

Agreed... He'd have done the same to Wlad also.. 'Merciless' was the right moniker.

Comment

Originally posted by P4P GOAT View Post
                Prime Ray Mercer would have destroyed Haye.

The one that fought Bert Cooper,Lennox Lewis,Evander Holyfield and Tommy Morrison.

Soon as Haye got hit by Mercer he would of gone out like light. Haye would not be able to hurt Mercer either.
                He would've destroyed Wladimir Klitchscko too. Just shows how bad the heavyweight division is.

Comment

At his best I think Mercer takes down Haye, but it'd be war while it lasted.

Comment

Originally posted by P4P GOAT View Post
                    Yes Mercer was inconsistent.

Mercer could be outboxed, but if he was in the mood(Cooper,Lewis) he was more than a handful.
                    The Morrison fight he looked awful for the first 2 rounds then he suddenly started moving well and throwing some excellent punches, I beleve he was often a slow starter though.

Comment

Originally posted by DavrosPremuleas View Post
                      The Morrison fight he looked awful for the first 2 rounds then he suddenly started moving well and throwing some excellent punches, I beleve he was often a slow starter though.
                      Yes you are correct. I think his general consistency would overwhelm Haye though. Haye would outbox him, but i dont think his stamina and chin would see him over the line.

Comment

Working...
                      X