No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shannon Briggs Claims Deal To Face Klitschko Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
    This is not a competitive or exciting fight. I'm shocked that some people here actually believe that.

I still don't believe they are going to fight. Especially when only Briggs is saying this.
    last week wlad said he wanted to knock him out & there was a story & link for it. I'd be shocked if it didn't happen. you don't go to the trouble they "both" did & not have a fight...

Comment

I'm sure Shannon Briggs is a nice guy, so the following statement is nothing personal; but he has done nothing to deserve another shot at the title and, quite frankly, after the first class beating he received the last time he stepped into the ring with a Klitschko, I'm surprised this is even up for discussion.

Briggs is old and was overrated at his best. Outside of his extremely controversial decision win over George Foreman a million years ago, what top ranking heavyweight has he EVER beaten?!!

Wait! Liakhovich....... then who?

I won't hold my breath.

It's sad that this is even a topic. The man is like a bad rash....he just won't go away.
      Last edited by K-DOGG; 01-29-2015, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Grabimir has just plunged the heavyweight division to even more embarrassing depths.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
          I personally wouldnt count him out. Dude is in great shape. Wether or not that will help him or not is yet to be seen, but i think he has a shot. I smell a upset lurking.
          Id love to see Wilder and Fury get it on first and the winner fight Wald. Or Briggs...lol
          He has NO shot at beating Wlad. Who are we kiddin?

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
            One of the worse championship fights in history. Briggs has beat nobody decent for nearly a decade.
            It's a side show but I get what Wlad is trying to do. I think Wlad wants to lay low and defend his title against some chumps so that the new WBC Champion can shine before they face each other.

I think this is the way it should be. Instead of Wlad facing both Fury and Wilder, they should face each other and strengthen their position in the division. Wilder should be defending his title against Pulev. Hell he can even dust up Chris Arreola and it would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
              I have to root for Briggs in this one.

Let's go champ!
              Just another shitty fight...

Comment

What a joke fight. Briggs literally just goes around KTFO toughman competition winners the past year and it gets him a shot at the unified HW champ Wladimir Klitschko? Who will Wlad's next defense be, Charlie Zelenoff?

Comment

This would be an embarrassment, I hope this fight gets the Garcia/Salka treatment if does happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post
                    Grabimir has just plunged the heavyweight division to even more embarrassing depths.
                    ... Just wait for the chicken legged grand champ! He will definitely beat Clit in terms of "embarrassing depths" of the division.

Comment

Stop complaining already.

Whoever Wlad isn't facing because he is facing Briggs, will get it anyway at some point. This just gives Fury and Wilder more time to build themselves up.

Let the winner fight Wlad. In fact never mind, you're supposed to complain. That's the point. Build up the premise that Wlad is "ducking" somebody. That way when he does face them and beats them, it's perceived as a better victory then if he had faced them right away in a non-controversial matter.

Comment

Working...
                      X