Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First words from Larry Merchant's mouth after Mayweather KO'd Ortiz...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Larry was complimenting him, but Floyd wasn't listening. He wanted out.

The crowd was booing him like crazy and he didn't want to be asked about "He who must not be named around Floyd."

Comment

"you heard him"

Comment

I love how some people think they know what Merchant was going to say, like they're mind readers. It was exactly this mentality that helped Floyd put his own foot in his own mouth. Newsflash Floyd and Floyd apologists: We don't judge people on what we think they're gonna do or say, or on what you think they're gonna do or say... we judge people on what they DO and SAY. Saying that Merchant was gonna go negative does not mean he did or even was going to, that's just an assumption and my Daddy taught me all about those when I was a boy, want me to send him over to teach you?

Comment

No need in thinking. Just listen his tone in how he said ****. He even said he was going to bring up pacroid, for what, Floyd isnt ducking. Pacroid, Roidjuiceman is ducking Floyd.

I don't agree with what Floyd did but I don't mind it either. We have all see that Floyd can hear the commentators when he fights. I'm pretty sure he heard merchant hating during the fight which he always does. He had already taken credit away from floyd for this fight, just listen to the old bag during the fight
          Last edited by Pacquiao'd; 10-07-2011, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by yesir View Post
            No need in thinking. Just listen his tone in how he said ****. He even said he was going to bring up pacroid, for what, Floyd isnt ducking. Pacroid, Roidjuiceman is ducking Floyd.

I don't agree with what Floyd did but I don't mind it either. We have all see that Floyd can hear the commentators when he fights. I'm pretty sure he heard merchant hating during the fight
            So he was going to ask Floyd about Pacquiao? and that justifys Floyd acting like a wanna be thug to an old man? I mean these are questions the fans want asked are you ****ing stupid? So the **** what if he was going to ask about Pacquiao.... thats part of the game there is not a single expert whos not going to ask him that question.

Comment

Originally posted by x3_bazooka_x3 View Post
              So he was going to ask Floyd about Pacquiao? and that justifys Floyd acting like a wanna be thug to an old man? I mean these are questions the fans want asked are you ****ing stupid? So the **** what if he was going to ask about Pacquiao.... thats part of the game there is not a single expert whos not going to ask him that question.
              I'm going to say it one more time. Listen to larrys shrug tone. listen to Larrys commentating during the fight which Floyd may have heard. While larry was giving floyd some props, he wasnt giving him full credit

Comment

OMFG, Merchant was gonna ask him questions about the biggest fight in boxing!

No! Anything but that!

Comment

I believe Floyd reacted over the top as well, and should've handled it differently knowing how Larry's questions for him turn out. But I understand why he responded the way he did.

Floyd should've kept his cool and just answered in short, to the point answers and been out of there. Just "yes" and "no" answers would've sufficed given the circumstances. Larry and everyone else would've had to draw their own conclusions of the outcome.

There is a way to handle what would be considered by some as hostile, agenda-prone, interviewers in general.

Comment

Get over it.

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
                      There is a way to handle what would be considered by some as hostile, agenda-prone, interviewers in general.
                      Yes, it's called being a classy gentleman, and Floyd is anything but that.

Comment

Working...
                      X