Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why aren't GBP making any good fights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why aren't GBP making any good fights?

I mean there's so many good fights to be made from 140-147. But what have we got on the horizon, Paulie-Porter, I mean not exactly setting the world a light is it?

Peterson, Khan, Broner, Thurman, Matthyse, Guerrero, Alexander all haven't been given opponents. There's so many good fights that can be made.

I think GBP are hesitant to match their fighters together. Which is why we're seeing fights like karass-Thurman paulie-porter possibly khan-callazo when we should be seeing fights like Danny Garcia-Peterson khan-broner Thurman-Guerrero and so on and so forth. Heck, Ortiz should be made as a gate keeper.

2013 and 2014(partially)

Maidana-Broner
    Mayweather-Canelo
    Lara-Angulo
    Canelo-Angulo
    Trout(AH) - Lara
    Garcia-Matthysse
    Canelo-Trout
    Khan-Collazo
    Matthysse-Peterson
    Alexander-Porter
    Charlo-Rosado

Rumored:
    Canelo-Lara
    Santa-Cruz-Frampton(non GBP)
    D. Garcia-Peterson(possible)

GBP afraid of doing what?

Comment

GBP used to put together better fight cards than Top Rank. schaeffer somehow ****ed that all up

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Wilder vs Scott was for the ages

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          2013 and 2014(partially)

Maidana-Broner
          Mayweather-Canelo
          Lara-Angulo
          Canelo-Angulo
          Trout(AH) - Lara
          Garcia-Matthysse
          Canelo-Trout
          Khan-Collazo
          Matthysse-Peterson
          Alexander-Porter
          Charlo-Rosado

Rumored:
          Canelo-Lara

I was talking about 2014 buddy. You've only mentioned Canelo Angulo, and the only real one which looks like happening Is khan callazo.

You related to Schaefer?

Comment

Originally posted by whytetittie View Post
            Wilder vs Scott was for the ages
            FOTY and round of the year candidate.

Comment

Originally posted by arizashakes View Post
              I mean there's so many good fights to be made from 140-147. But what have we got on the horizon, Paulie-Porter, I mean not exactly setting the world a light is it?

Peterson, Khan, Broner, Thurman, Matthyse, Guerrero, Alexander all haven't been given opponents. There's so many good fights that can be made.

I think GBP are hesitant to match their fighters together. Which is why we're seeing fights like karass-Thurman paulie-porter possibly khan-callazo when we should be seeing fights like Danny Garcia-Peterson khan-broner Thurman-Guerrero and so on and so forth. Heck, Ortiz should be made as a gate keeper.
              I'm not a fan of the company but I have to give the devil his due. GBP has made some outstanding fights.

Comment

I was talking about 2014 buddy. You've only mentioned Canelo Angulo, and the only real one which looks like happening Is khan callazo.

You related to Schaefer?
                You didnt say 2014. Anyway we are 2 and a half months into the year. Some of the names you mentioned turned down fights with other. Noone wants thurman. Ghost wants out. Broner nd Khan heading to different divsions. Porter defending against paulie isnt bad considering whats next for him after if he wins. Be patient..

Comment

You are right about their hesitation. The other reason they keep giving us garbage like Alvarez/Angulo is because desperate and hardcore fans will buy and watch anything. Thus, we are getting Paule/Porter instead of Porter/Thurman or Porter/Guerrero.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    2013 and 2014(partially)

Maidana-Broner
                    Mayweather-Canelo
                    Lara-Angulo
                    Canelo-Angulo
                    Trout(AH) - Lara
                    Garcia-Matthysse
                    Canelo-Trout
                    Khan-Collazo
                    Matthysse-Peterson
                    Alexander-Porter
                    Charlo-Rosado

Rumored:
                    Canelo-Lara

You can't combine two years worth of fights and claim that we are seequality fights. The only fight on your list that has taken place in 20143 is Alvarez/Angulo and that fight sucked. We saw quality fights in 2010, but no one cares about 2010 anymore than they care about 2013. As for 2014, the quality of their scheduled cards and potential cards SUCK.

Comment

Working...
                    X