No announcement yet.

80's History Lesson on the FAB 4

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    Thank You, I appreciate the feedback, Just wrote it for the newer fans that may only know Oscar, floyd manny etc
    I bet most newer boxing fans don't even know about how great oscar's younger title reign was.

Duran was just so great, I can't get over it. MW title at 38 yrs old, decade long LW reign. One of the best wins ever against Ray Leonard. He is a shoe in for top 5-10 ATG.

Comment

Originally posted by bravestone View Post
      I bet most newer boxing fans don't even know about how great oscar's younger title reign was.

Duran was just so great, I can't get over it. MW title at 38 yrs old, decade long LW reign. One of the best wins ever against Ray Leonard. He is a shoe in for top 5-10 ATG.
      Yeah everyone talks smack about Oscar but dude fought everyone.

When he was young he fought: hernadez, ruelas, molina, bredal, jesse james, migeul angel gonzalez, camacho, whitaker, chavez twice,

Prime he fought: Ike, Tito, Gatti, Shane twice, and Vargas, Yory boy

Old oscar fought Sturm, Hopkins, Floyd, Manny mayorga

Can anyone else say they fought p4p #1's like he did with hopkins, floyd and manny, plus a prime tito, ike, vargas, shane

Oscar has enough names on his resume to fill up two careers.

A true asset to the sport.
      Wish Floyd was like oscar

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        Yeah everyone talks smack about Oscar but dude fought everyone.

When he was young he fought: hernadez, ruelas, molina, bredal, jesse james, migeul angel gonzalez, camacho, whitaker, chavez twice,

Prime he fought: Ike, Tito, Gatti, Shane twice, and Vargas, Yory boy

Old oscar fought Sturm, Hopkins, Floyd, Manny mayorga

Can anyone else say they fought p4p #1's like he did with hopkins, floyd and manny, plus a prime tito, ike, vargas, shane

Oscar has enough names on his resume to fill up two careers.

A true asset to the sport.
        Wish Floyd was like oscar
        Mosley too, he fought everyone he could. As rich as Oscar Delahoya was he legitimately wanted to prove himself the best against THE best. Size doesn't matter. Look how big Quartey was compared to him. Quartey was monstrous

Comment

Originally posted by yuppie View Post
          The thing is nowadays the "fab 4" are all in completely different divisions.

Audley Harisson is a HW
          Cintron is a MW
          Cesar Rene Cuenca is a LW
          and Bobby Pacquiao retired in 08.

such a sad time in boxing at the moment.
          if they were all in the same divsion, I doubt theyd all fight each other. most would, but we know who would ask for organ donations as part of the contract.

Comment

Working...
          X