Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

im not good at grading hand speed bt who is really the fastest fighter of all time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
    Hector Camacho
    Hector Camacho or a young Shane Mosley definitely my picks. Meldrick Taylor was fast in combinations but not really that quick throwing single shots

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
      IDK about the Floyd-Judah thing. Zab was a career 140 pounder and still has nice speed at WW. With Floyd he had a long term career at 130 which he was at his fastest. Even at 140 he was great. When he went to WW you could see a lil bit of slip in the speed so I wouldnt say Zab looking faster than him means that he's not fast as Zab or other guys when he clearly wasnt as his speediest weight.

People also have to look at how guys punch. Floyd can be faster then guys but he's never going to look as fast as someone like Zab because of the way they throw. Zab is a way more free flowing puncher than Floyd. Its a lil looser and he will just let them go. Floyd is always going to be more technical which doesnt allow you to look as fast and he's always going to pick his shots instead of just letting them go
      Good points but that was the first time Floyd hand speed was not superior in the ring. I can't say that Floyd's hand speed at WW is not still superior to most. That night Judah had the clear advantage.

Comment

how does no one mention pacquiao, mayweather, khan, judah, donaire? i think all these guys have hands as quick as anyone else mentioned on here

Comment

Originally posted by Oh you out son View Post
          how does no one mention pacquiao, mayweather, khan, judah, donaire? i think all these guys have hands as quick as anyone else mentioned on here
          Judah and khan have been mentioned, as have mayweather and donaire. I mentioned donaire.

But truth be told, there are men fighting today faster than the likes.

Currently Linares and Khan have the fastest hands in the sport.
          Dirrel, Russel Jr, Gamboa and Rigo are all up there too. Pacs fast, but he's not the fastest anymore. At least not punch for punch - pac has the ability to move in and out wit his LEGS and do it while punching though without losing any power or speed, i think thats the misconception.

All of the above past guys were faster though. prime Jones, judah, taylor, mcgirt, richardson, mosley at 135 was a freaking BLUR

Comment

Originally posted by ALG United View Post
            Ali was very fast for a for full HW, specially with his combos.. But RJ has the freakest fastest 1 punch speed that i've seen so far in my whole lifetime, and that was coming from a rested position with both his hands at the back of his butt...
            tyson was faster

Comment

Originally posted by yesir View Post
              tyson was faster
              Tyson and Ali have such a different fighting stye that you cant really compare them.

Tyson is short frazier type that uses hooks, Ali fights tall and hits you with straights.
              Tyson may hook faster but there is no way in hell that Tyson had faster straight punches then a prime ALI , tyson would smack you for saying such nonsense.

Comment

Working...
              X