Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ike Quartey vs Oscar De La Hoya.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I gave it to Oscar, but I have no problem with someone giving it to Ike. Poor Ike was always on the **** end of judging.

Comment

Close fight but Ike won it

Comment

I watched it again now. I honestly can not score it for De La Hoya. It was back and fourth for about 3 rounds then Ike was more or less winning every round from the third to the 11th. Also the last round was a 10-8 round FFs after the first half of that round Ike went back to work.

Keep voting guys. I can't believe DLH is ahead.

Comment

Quartey, close but clear...ROBBED....just like Whitaker....and Sturm

Comment

Lederman's card after 11 rounds

Dela Hoya 104 Whitaker 103, 6-5 for Oscar
            Quartey 106 Dela Hoya 103, 7-4 for Ike
            Dela Hoya 105 Trinidad 104, 6-5 for Oscar

considering how credible Harold Lederman is for HBO, Wow, Quartey really beat Dela Hoya, I wonder what was going thru the minds of Oscar fans that night going to the 12th round seeing an unofficial card on TV Dela Hoya trailing not just by a point but three points apart.

But lets give Oscar credit for taking on the best welterweights of his era all in a close, competitive fight.

Comment

Close fight but Oscar won

Comment

It was Oscar early, Quartey the middle rounds, then Oscar late. I had Oscar by 2 points.

Comment

I've got Oscar, but I think there should have been a rematch. It was probably Oscar and his side holding back the rematch instead of the Quartey camp.

Karma comes for everyone though. Oscar lost to Shane, then went for the rematch because he was still the bigger star and he was trying to redem himself. Would Oscar have given Shane a rematch had he won? As we all know, Oscar fought Shane again and lost again. The boxing Gods weren't happy with Oscar not giving Quartey another shot though he deserved it.

Comment

I had Ike winning but I remember arguing with my dad about who won that fight so I guess either way. Personally Ike won

Comment

Originally posted by Emon723 View Post
                      Lederman's card after 11 rounds

Dela Hoya 104 Whitaker 103, 6-5 for Oscar
                      Quartey 106 Dela Hoya 103, 7-4 for Ike
                      Dela Hoya 105 Trinidad 104, 6-5 for Oscar

considering how credible Harold Lederman is for HBO, Wow, Quartey really beat Dela Hoya, I wonder what was going thru the minds of Oscar fans that night going to the 12th round seeing an unofficial card on TV Dela Hoya trailing not just by a point but three points apart.

But lets give Oscar credit for taking on the best welterweights of his era all in a close, competitive fight.
                      You're right-that is a pretty strong card from Lederman

Comment

Working...
                      X