• Hozumi Hasegawa vs Toshiaki Nishioka

VS
    Hasegawa
    87.50%
    Nishioka
    12.50%

Originally posted by thephantom5 View Post

VS
    Nishioka really impressed me in his last fight against Munroe, looked very well rounded, like a real world champion.

Haven't managed to watch Hasegawa'a lastest fight, but from all accounts looked good at the higher weight.

But since they'll be fighting 2 divisions apart I don't see this manifesting from a fantasy fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ellwise69 View Post
      Nishioka really impressed me in his last fight against Munroe, looked very well rounded, like a real world champion.

Haven't managed to watch Hasegawa'a lastest fight, but from all accounts looked good at the higher weight.

But since they'll be fighting 2 divisions apart I don't see this manifesting from a fantasy fight.
      Hasegawa just won a title at 126.

Toshiaki is fighting at 122.

I would assume that Hasegawa will stay at 126 or go down to 122.

I don't see him going back to 118.

A fight between the two seems pretty realistic.

Comment

They won't fight. Same promoter, both Japanese, both loyal to the WBC.
        I think they recognize that Japan could use as many world champs as they can get. From what I've read, Nishoka is the reason Hasegawa jumped super bantam.

Comment

Originally posted by FidgetyAcolyte View Post
          They won't fight. Same promoter, both Japanese, both loyal to the WBC.
          I think they recognize that Japan could use as many world champs as they can get. From what I've read, Nishoka is the reason Hasegawa jumped super bantam.
          Sounds like a Bob Arum situation.

Two guys with same promoter.

This is a mega fight(In Japan)

Make it happen.

Comment

I'm not so sure this fight will happen, as one of the reasons Hasegawa jumped SBW was because he'd still be cutting a lot of weight to make 122, and they felt 126 would be easier.

Anyway, I need to watch the Burgos fight first, I've only watched it in spots. While his hands look fast, it seemed that his feet aren't as quick and he looked like he was lunging and off balance at times. That'll be bad for him, as his quick feet allowed his to slip and get out of range from incoming punching when he was at BW.

Comment

fighters from Japan dont get much attention from the American casual cocksuckers.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadows View Post
                I'm not so sure this fight will happen, as one of the reasons Hasegawa jumped SBW was because he'd still be cutting a lot of weight to make 122, and they felt 126 would be easier.

Anyway, I need to watch the Burgos fight first, I've only watched it in spots. While his hands look fast, it seemed that his feet aren't as quick and he looked like he was lunging and off balance at times. That'll be bad for him, as his quick feet allowed his to slip and get out of range from incoming punching when he was at BW.
                Hes never fought at 122 before.

When has even attempted 122.

I think he went to 126 becuase of the title shot opportunity.

There was a huge size difference between him and Burgos.

I don't think hes big enough to fight the elite at 126.

Gamboa, Lopez, Rojas and Cab would beat him.

Comment

Cant see it happening apparently Hasegawa jumped 122 not because of weight but because he didnt want to fight Nishioka because of his popularity with the Japanese which doesnt make sense to me but whatever.Love to see it though

Comment

Originally posted by thephantom5 View Post
                    Hes never fought at 122 before.

When has even attempted 122.

I think he went to 126 becuase of the title shot opportunity.

There was a huge size difference between him and Burgos.

I don't think hes big enough to fight the elite at 126.

Gamboa, Lopez, Rojas and Cab would beat him.
                    Correct, he never has fought at 122. However, his camp talked about moving up for a while, and to 126 last year, before the WBC belt was vacant. The problem was, Hasegawa blows up into the 140s, making it hard for him to make 118 and likely 122.

Though you may be right that they ultimately chose 126 due to the belt.

Comment

Working...
                    X