Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why doesn't the African American crowd gravitate to Ward like Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Virgil Hunter's of the African American community do.

The Adrien Broner's of the African American community, maybe not so much.

Comment

What do you know about black people and what they gravitate to? Your question seems to be based on an assumption. A better question would be "what do black people gravitate towards and why?".

Comment

Originally posted by 10COUNT View Post
        Ward s clean cut. Americans are fascinated with the ghetto hip hop rich lifestyle. They are the demographic.
        Unfortunately this is true

Comment

My guess is because Mayweather is a better, more accomplished boxer. Ward is very good but Mayweather is better and he has done a lot more. Mayweather has won about 25 fights with a world title on the line. Mayweather has been a world champion from age 21 to age 38 not counting a brief retirement. Mayweather fought far more often than Ward with 49 fights compared to something like 29 fights for Ward. Ward won a tournament and that's pretty much it so far.

Comment

Cause he doesn't make top money, simple as that. With all do respect all my black friends love to talk about Floyd's money like if they get a cut.

Comment

Ward might've been if he kept the momentum from the Super 6 and knocking Dawson out going. Instead what we got were long periods of inactivity, injuries, and tune ups. Big momentum killer.

Plus he just doesn't seem like a fun guy.

Comment

Maybe because Mayweather is more slick and a technician in the ring. Also, outspoken and assertive outside of it.

Comment

It wasn't just African Americans that gravitated to Mayweather.
                  Dude pulled from every demographic. He was a one of a kind promoting talent.

Comment

To jump into the PPV picture, you need to have fought another PPV star. Mayweather fought De La Hoya and then transitioned. He also fought very defensive and people were dying to see him get knocked the f*** out.

Comment

He doesn't behave like a bafoon. Even a couple years ago, Floyd said that to be popular, Ward should melt is gold medal into a chain or something like that. I don't even like award but I find that really sad.

Comment

Working...
                      X