No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Toshiaki Nishioka Decisions Rafael Marquez To Retain

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
    Anybody watch the fight? Was it an exciting, two-way action type fight? Nishioka must be a good boxer! Ive been telling everybody JAPAN has a UNDERRATED BOXING SCENE. . . I hope more of these guys keep coming over. . . WAR JAPAN!!

WAR RAFA! You've had a HELL OF A CAREER! we all love you and your brother! WAR MEXICO AND WAR RAFA AND WAR MARQUEZ BROTHERS!!
    It was a chess match with some healthy exchanges from 9-12. Nishioka fought a stellar, disciplined fight.

Comment

Anybody watch the fight? Was it an exciting, two-way action type fight? Nishioka must be a good boxer! Ive been telling everybody JAPAN has a UNDERRATED BOXING SCENE. . . I hope more of these guys keep coming over. . . WAR JAPAN!!

WAR RAFA! You've had a HELL OF A CAREER! we all love you and your brother! WAR MEXICO AND WAR RAFA AND WAR MARQUEZ BROTHERS!!
      It wasn't a war but it was a good fight. Nishioka showed good defense with counterpunching and getting aggressive when Marquez was comming on

Comment

Damn, I missed this one. The article makes it sound like it was a fight of the year type fight. Guess I'll watch it on youtube when it is posted.

Comment

it was a 2 way action fight in wich Nishioka started well landing left hand, Won the first half of the fight took, rounds 7 and 8 off and then fought the last for very good!!

Marquez was a galant warrior, and he probably still beats some top guys at 122!

Comment

Kinda of mad... wasn't on Top Rank so I ended up watching Martinez vs Barker... which was a tad boring.
            I wanted to watch Nishioka and Kamegai though... I got a thing for Japanese boxers.

Comment

Marquez fans will make excuses for their man losing. They can't accept a japanese beating their fighter.

Comment

tense and tactical for the first half, with each guy landing the occasional single power shot, but mostly showing respect, trying not to make mistakes

after the headbutt/cut, it started heating up, nishioka opened up more, throwing combos, tagging marquez at will

final round was close

decent fight but not FOTY material

Comment

bring on Nonito vs Nishioka next year
                  Nonito will kick his ass

Comment

Originally posted by 2stepshep View Post
                    Damn, I missed this one. The article makes it sound like it was a fight of the year type fight. Guess I'll watch it on youtube when it is posted.
                    You'll be disappointed. It was not an exciting fight except for the assumption that something would happen any moment. But it really never did, except in the last 3 rounds or so when Nishioka got in some decent punches that Marquez could not defend against.

Until then it was a steady tactical fight with very few punches landing. 3-4 times a round Niashioka would land a very useful left hand and Marquez would land a straight left hand. The biggest exchange was immediately after Nishioka suffered a bad cut on his forehead, when Marquez attacked him immediately and had momentary success.

Comment

Good fight, very tactical, but not spectacular. I had Nishioka winning but by a small margin. The difference was that Nishioka had more stamina and was able to finish strong, and Marquez got tired and lost the last rounds.
                      Also, I think Nishioka landed the harder shots on Marquez, but then again it was a good fight where both fighters had a fight plan and executed them pretty well.

Comment

Working...
                      X