Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There is not a fckin boxer alive that deserves a shot at the number 1 more than froch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
    That's all well and good but Ward has already beaten him. He also didnt seem keen on the idea of fighting Ward again and didnt sound particularly confident in his chances either. Nobody thinks Froch wins, there's no point in it. This is like JMM knocking out Pacquiao but not wanting to rematch Floyd. Just not worth it when he can go his own way. Not sure he should do that with Hopkins (Froch) but hey, Bernard is old and unlike with Ward..we dont know if he'd for sure lose.

Froch vs Ward is a waste of time imo.

Ward doesnt need to beg. Froch can do all he wants but at the end of the day..he'll never be number one and that stings more than anything.
    This^^^^. Number 2 is happy being number 2 and at age 36, finally being a big draw, there is no need to get beat like that again. So let him make money, hes earned it but can never be 1

Comment

I agree he deserves a shot at Ward. I don't even like Ward but I don't see why Ward has to come to England to fight Froch. Ward has the clear win over Froch and if they never fight again then Ward will always be the guy that beat Froch. England is not known for being fair to visitors fighting one of their heros in England. I don't blame Ward for not going to England to fight Froch and Froch should not have to come to Oakland to fight Ward either. If they can't get together on who travels to who they should fight in a neutral place like Montreal or Germany or any place neutral.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        I agree he deserves a shot at Ward. I don't even like Ward but I don't see why Ward has to come to England to fight Froch. Ward has the clear win over Froch and if they never fight again then Ward will always be the guy that beat Froch. England is not known for being fair to visitors fighting one of their heros in England. I don't blame Ward for not going to England to fight Froch and Froch should not have to come to Oakland to fight Ward either. If they can't get together on who travels to who they should fight in a neutral place like Montreal or Germany or any place neutral.
        Since when? What kind of bull**** excuse is that... I think I've heard this for every other country and I really can't stand the hypocresy in this subject. Most fights are done in America and we see high profile robberies on a monthly basis. Even when it's "close" it seems the the local fighter will get the nod by divine providence.

England is not known for being unfair, and even if it was it's certainly not worse than the U.S. Whenever we discuss the setting for a fight in NSB it seems that only american fighters are allowed to have a home crowd cheering them on.

Comment

Froch gets raped in the rematch

Comment

Bute legit?

Comment

Originally posted by Juanma9 View Post
              Since when? What kind of bull**** excuse is that... I think I've heard this for every other country and I really can't stand the hypocresy in this subject. Most fights are done in America and we see high profile robberies on a monthly basis. Even when it's "close" it seems the the local fighter will get the nod by divine providence.

England is not known for being unfair, and even if it was it's certainly not worse than the U.S. Whenever we discuss the setting for a fight in NSB it seems that only american fighters are allowed to have a home crowd cheering them on.
              The UK isnt Germany status but it could be better....it's up there with the "best" of em with early stoppages though.

Anyway, getting a decision vs the UKs premier fighter certainly doesnt seem like it'd be easy, thats for sure. Then again...I'd not go to Cali again if I'm Froch. Vegas sure...Froch would have more fans in Vegas than Ward too since people are more willing to travel there.

Comment

The UK isnt Germany status but it could be better....it's up there with the "best" of em with early stoppages though.

Anyway, getting a decision vs the UKs premier fighter certainly doesnt seem like it'd be easy, thats for sure. Then again...I'd not go to Cali again if I'm Froch. Vegas sure...Froch would have more fans in Vegas than Ward too since people are more willing to travel there.
                The number of fans that fly from U.K. to Vegas for a boxing match is going to be more than the support Ward is going to get in his own country? Come on, Ward couldn't repel that many fans even if he tried.

Comment

FYI: He fought Ward in Atlantic City, New Jersey.

Comment

Originally posted by Juanma9 View Post
                    The number of fans that fly from U.K. to Vegas for a boxing match is going to be more than the support Ward is going to get in his own country? Come on, Ward couldn't repel that many fans even if he tried.
                    Froch has become really popular there. Not like Hatton but Ward is really not popular at all... There's probably more people from the UK right now in Vegas on vacation than there is Ward fans in Oakland.

I stand corrected, Mike. His crowd is never particularly vibrant.
                    Last edited by NearHypnos; 05-26-2013, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Froch has become really popular there. Not like Hatton but Ward is really not popular at all... There's probably more people from the UK right now in Vegas on vacation than there is Ward fans in Oakland.
                      Never been to Vegas but point taken.

Comment

Working...
                      X