No announcement yet.

Roach on Floyd: "Very difficult fight...his style does give us trouble."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roach on Floyd: "Very difficult fight...his style does give us trouble."

If it is possible that Bob Arum does not want to make the Pacquiao-Mayweather fight happen:
    "Possibly yeah. The thing is everywhere I travel in the world everyone tells me to make that fight happen and so forth. I talked to Manny's advisors last week and they told me they are negotiating so it's definitely a possibility and I hope that fight happens."

Whether or not he thinks Pacquiao won the fight against Marquez:
    "I thought he won by a little bit but the thing is before the decision was announced I didn't know which way it was gonna go though because it was a close fight. It coulda went either way, and if it went the other way I couldn't complain that's for sure. After watching the fight on TV I did have Manny winning by a little bit. First time in ten years Manny had a bad night and just came at the wrong time. It may be good because maybe Mayweather is licking his chops at this point."

Whether or not he would accept a fourth fight against Marquez:
    "If that makes the most sense then yeah but Mayweather is the fight I want. I think he is the biggest challenge out there and I like challenges. I think that's the defining fight of Manny's career."

If he thinks Pacquiao's last fight will be against Mayweather:
    "I think so. The thing is if Pacquiao does lose that fight – well win or lose I think he will retire. I think that's gonna be his last fight. He's really into politics and so forth and politics is going to take him away from boxing that's for sure. Politics is something he wants to be good at. It's not like the singing or dancing and acting, that's more for fun. This is serious business and something he wants to be good at. It's gonna take 100 percent of his time to be good at that. I feel if we do fight Mayweather, win or lose I think it will be his last fight."

How tough he thinks the Mayweather fight would be if it happens:
    "Very difficult fight. He is a good counter-puncher and his style does give us trouble. He does have some Marquez similarities but he's actually a lot faster than Marquez so he does pose a bigger problem. Manny, in his last fight, he kinda fell back into the realm when he fought this guy the first two times. He didn't use the improvements he's been working on to beat these bigger and better guys. He kinda went right back to what he did in the first two fights. That wasn't enough and that wasn't really effective. I think Mayweather will bring out the best in Manny. It's gonna have to because if not we're not gonna be there in the end."

http://deadspin.com/5866464/manny-pa...yweather-fight

This is why Arum is staying away from Mayweather Jr.

Comment

sounds like Roach knows more than ever Floyd will beat Manny

Comment

*******s : "Roach doesn't know **** about boxing!"

Comment

" I think Mayweather will bring out the best in Manny. It's gonna have to because if not we're not gonna be there in the end. " - Freddie Roach

If Manny fights like Manny and Floyd fights like Floyd... Roach stops it

Comment

" I think Mayweather will bring out the best in Manny. It's gonna have to because if not we're not gonna be there in the end. " - Freddie Roach

wow,just wow

Comment

Yea that's a no brainer. Of course Floyd will be manny's toughest opponent yet but that doesnt mean anything. What counts is the actual fight, on paper everyone looks better than manny but it's the fight that will tell us. Make the fight happen!!!

Comment

Roach knows the writing is on the wall for Pac. When have you ever heard Roach discussing the possibility that his fighter could lose??

Never.

Roach says Floyd is like Marquez but quicker, stronger and better. That has shot down many *******s including that prick Pugly who says Marquez and Floyd are nothing alike.

Comment

Hey, at least Roach is keepin it real. Can't knock him for sayin how he feels, even if it's his own fighter. But at the same time, I would hope Floyd wouldn't take Pacquiao for granted based on just the last JMM fight. IMO that still would be a big mistake on his part.

Comment

roach aint said nothin new i been knowing this ****..........

Comment

Working...
                    X