No announcement yet.

Apparently Mike "MJ" Jones won his fight earlier

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently Mike "MJ" Jones won his fight earlier

Mike Jones of Philly 19-0(16kos) is listed as stopping Raul Pinzon of Colombia 16-4(15kos) in round 5 of a 10 round welterweight fight.
    http://www.boxrec.com/list_bouts.php...6576&cat=boxer
    Jones was scheduled to fight Richard Gutierrez originally but Gutierrez pulled out for some reason. So congrats to Jones and I hope to see him against a better opponent, its not really his fault because like Ben Tackie last time his stepped up level of opposition pulled out.....hopefully he can get a TV slot and some time to shine.

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
    Mike Jones of Philly 19-0(16kos) is listed as stopping Raul Pinzon of Colombia 16-4(15kos) in round 5 of a 10 round welterweight fight.
    http://www.boxrec.com/list_bouts.php...6576&cat=boxer
    Jones was scheduled to fight Richard Gutierrez originally but Gutierrez pulled out for some reason. So congrats to Jones and I hope to see him against a better opponent, its not really his fault because like Ben Tackie last time his stepped up level of opposition pulled out.....hopefully he can get a TV slot and some time to shine.
    Mike Jones just has horrible luck. Every step up fight he has the fighter pulls out. It started with Larry Mosley and now Richard Gutierrez. I would love to see Mike Jones fight Jesus Soto Karras or Antwoine Smith next. I know Ross Greenburg will not put this fight together. But, Showtime should do it.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
      Mike Jones just has horrible luck. Every step up fight he has the fighter pulls out. It started with Larry Mosley and now Richard Gutierrez. I would love to see Mike Jones fight Jesus Soto Karras or Antwoine Smith next. I know Ross Greenburg will not put this fight together. But, Showtime should do it.
      Antwone Smith would be an excellent fight for him, but I see Smith being avoided from now on too where name opponents pull out for obscure reasons.
      Last edited by Spray_resistant; 11-08-2009, 04:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X