Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clottey dirty headbutts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I told you guys before that he was dirty and that he more than likely wold headbutt Cotto. However, he was throwing a punch when he came in and the heads clashed. I don't think it was intentional. As I said before, it is unfair but it is just part of the game.

And what other fights has Clottey cut people with his head? Because it looked like the uppercut had cut Judah. In other fights he has headbutt, but I never saw his cut anyone with it.

Comment

This thread is funny, you'll notice cotto missed a lancing jab so his head went in perilously, clottey was about to counter with a right cross at the same time and tuck his head, if that's what you call intentional, well....

Comment

Originally posted by elbichote View Post
        accidental????? he was discualified from baldomir fight cuz he always headbut in fights
        ROFL have you even seen teh fight? He was DQ'd for a headbutt that he didn't even do. he did 1 blaitant one then got DQ'd in the 11th during a clinch, dumb ass. Thats why people call that DQ questionable.

As for the cotto fight.. get real.. the replay completely shows what was going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Animalistic View Post
          Yeah It seems like every fight the dude cuts the other fighter with headbutts.
          He's never cut anyone other than cotto with a headbutt..
          why do people who know nothing comment?

Comment

Did you even watch the replay? It is Cotto's head that comes straight in much more than Clottey's. Clottey is basically stationary while Cotto misses a punch and follows through with his head which then bangs into Clottey's as he goes for a right counter. No ones fault, least of all Clottey's.

He has also not cut anyone other than Cotto.

The cut in the Judah is very clearly from an uppercut and the Baldomir fight was very dodgy. Both guuys were coming straight in with their heads, Baldomir just as badly as Clottey. That was just a bad headbutt style match up. Watch the fight, Baldomir comes straight in with his head sticking way out and with Clottey's counter punching style they were always going to butt. In all honesty, a lot was actually caused by Baldomir pulling Clottey behind the neck every single time they got in close because he was being beaten up so bad.

Talk about overreaction.
            Last edited by BennyST; 06-16-2009, 05:30 AM.

Comment

He has a head on him like a Mack truck.
              Last edited by Monkz; 06-16-2009, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Some of you lot go on like his Holyfield...

He aint that bad..

Comment

Originally posted by smellmycheese View Post
                  Starting with the excuses...
                  excuses for a win?

Comment

When it gets rough in the trenches, head butts are not uncommon. It isn't a baile in there. Maybe he inteded to butt Cotto, maybe he didn't. Cotto also got away with some rough tactics, it isn't right, but it is the refs job to regulate. The ref was too complacent to both fighters. Andrew Golota and Evander Holyfield, now they're two prime examples of serial head butters, they did it blatantly, and frequently.

Comment

Originally posted by C.Y. View Post
                      i'll agree with the thread starter with Clottey being dirty with the headbutts..

but how are you going to complain when Cotto, is a dirty fighter as well?

he is the current low blow master
                      last time i checked, clottey landed more low blows than cotto in that fight. the only difference was that the ref saw cotto's at the end and not clottey's. even the commentators were calling them every time they say them. clottey also rubbed his gloves on cotto's eye to open up the cut even more... that's dirty **** if you ask me

BTW, that guy in your avatar uses his head, forearms, elbows and even leans below his waist (illegal) to avoid punches. floyd is a much, much dirtier fighter than cotto, he's just so good at being dirty at the inside that it's very difficult for a ref to call them (not so hard to see them after rewatching fights)

Comment

Working...
                      X