Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brook: Khan Made it Personal, I Will Take Him Out!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
    well thats just my opinion. you dont turn down world title fights for an eliminator. he was also mandatory for the wbo 2 years ago wasnt he? didnt get him anywhere tho. your presuming he would get robbed, its not a fact. there is no guarentee he could even beat bradley.

also ask any boxing fan who they would rather brook fight, bradley or saldivia or whatever his name is.
    Yeah obviously but you have to look at it from the fighter's perspective. He is now guaranteed a title shot as the mandatory challenger which means he doesn't have to sign any rematch clauses or options with Top Rank. He gets a straight shot at the champion with no ties.

He can still fight Bradley, except this time he'd go to the table as a champion not just an opponent and a whore for TR.

Comment

Damn Kell Brook has made me a fan. Khan gets beaten, handily.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        Yeah obviously but you have to look at it from the fighter's perspective. He is now guaranteed a title shot as the mandatory challenger which means he doesn't have to sign any rematch clauses or options with Top Rank. He gets a straight shot at the champion with no ties.

He can still fight Bradley, except this time he'd go to the table as a champion not just an opponent and a whore for TR.
        i can appreciate that.

however from a pure sporting perspective its not good. am i correct in saying that usually the champion is entitled to 70% and 30% for the challenger in an instance like this?

Comment

i can appreciate that.

however from a pure sporting perspective its not good. am i correct in saying that usually the champion is entitled to 70% and 30% for the challenger in an instance like this?
          I think you're about right with your percentages but what makes you think he would have gotten more than that from a Bradley fight?

Sometimes you have to use your head to engineer yourself the best position. What is one more fight before a world title? Its nothing on the grand scale of things. The fact is he is in a better position now than he would have been if he had fought Bradley (win or lose) and he still has a shot at a world title.

Comment

Originally posted by Sage84 View Post
            I think you're about right with your percentages but what makes you think he would have gotten more than that from a Bradley fight?

Sometimes you have to use your head to engineer yourself the best position. What is one more fight before a world title? Its nothing on the grand scale of things. The fact is he is in a better position now than he would have been if he had fought Bradley (win or lose) and he still has a shot at a world title.
            nothing makes me think he would have got more. i really do not care how much money they get paid. im much more interested in watching competitive fights. im just not a big fan of fighters taking the easier option. he was in this position 2 years ago tho wasnt he?

also, would brook still turn down the fight for a title if it was malignaggi or bailey instead of bradley offering? i have to wonder!

Comment

I don't even like Brook, but I hope he beats Alexander. Can't stand to see this dude
              continue fighting. Especially since he really should've lost 3 fights in a row at one point.

Comment

Alexander isn't great; but he's a big step-up in class for Brook.

Khan-Brook in mid-2013 would be great. The split should be 60/40 Khan, at least.

Comment

well thats just my opinion. you dont turn down world title fights for an eliminator. he was also mandatory for the wbo 2 years ago wasnt he? didnt get him anywhere tho. your presuming he would get robbed, its not a fact. there is no guarentee he could even beat bradley.

also ask any boxing fan who they would rather brook fight, bradley or saldivia or whatever his name is.
                  Arum and his boys had no issue robbing Pacquiao who won that fight clearly, they wouldn't think twice about doing it to Brook if the situation called for it.

If you're Arum and you were willing to rob your most popular fighter and cash-cow, why would you have any issue in robbing a guy from the UK who you have no ties with?

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                    Arum and his boys had no issue robbing Pacquiao who won that fight clearly, they wouldn't think twice about doing it to Brook if the situation called for it.

If you're Arum and you were willing to rob your most popular fighter and cash-cow, why would you have any issue in robbing a guy from the UK who you have no ties with?
                    This ^^^^^^^^^^.

Comment

Khan-Brook will sell an insane amount in the UK. Especially with this bad blood.

If Brook beats Alexander and Khan manages to grab a title at 147. It will sell even more.

Comment

Working...
                      X