Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Floyd) Me fighting Robert Guerrero is just a rumor.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
    Floyd Mayweather ‏@FloydMayweather
    As of right now I don’t know who I’m fighting on May 4th. Me fighting Robert Guerrero is just a rumor.
    Sure Floyd...you said the same thing about Victor Ortiz. Tired of this dude...sometimes I wish that he'd just stay away from boxing.

He can't seem to make up his mind on whether or not he wants to fight. When he gets interviewed and asked, "Who are you going to fight next? or Why wont you fight (insert any name)?", he has the nerve to get all irritated and blow it off with his usual fluff about "enjoying life, spending time with his family, etc".

I'm like, "Dang Floyd, you're a fighter, you're supposed to fight". He acts like he's doing the boxing world a favor when he fights, and I must admit, his fights are entertaining, but this whole "Let me just stay quiet and name all of my potential opponents a rumor" is getting old.

I guess I'm just tired of waiting to see these potential of the WW division to play out, then this dude comes in, beats a decent fighter, gets his paycheck, and leaves the division shaken up.

Hell, I want to see where the WW division goes, not anticipate his return to mess things up. He has the world fooled with this "fighting twice this year". He'll make his money in May, and hide out for another year or so.

Again, I'm a fan of his, but his antics are getting old. Am I in the minority on this?

Comment

Originally posted by salitap4p#1 View Post
      he was about to sign to fight guerrero but then heard malignaggi was available
      Floyd vs malignaggi would be a ****ing joke would be fun to watch though

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
        When was the last time he fought a non GBP fighter (maybe cotto but he needed a co promoter too)? There's a reason for this. If he could do his own events he would cause that's more money for him.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
        It's not about his own events. He works with Golden Boy against their fighters because he has a close relationship with them and they're the top company outside of Top Rank who he doesn't work with due to Bob Arum.

He could legally work with Lou Dibella, for example. Or Don King. And Golden Boy wouldn't be involved and they would have no choice but accept that.

Hence, he's not a GBP fighter. He is not owned by GBP or anyone for that matter.

I'm not sure how many times something so simple has to be explained.

Comment

Super bowl media week coming up and hell get a littke more coverage with less work. Maybe thats what hes waiting for

Comment

This just means he's fighting Guerrero next. He said the same exact thing with Victor Ortiz when he was doing those Mayweather After Dark videos with Fighthype.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              Of course he is .

Nah, I can't say for sure but May & September? Maybe May and Nov. Or just Sept.
              I think he wants to fight in May because he knows he can do good numbers with Guererro on Cinco De Mayo and good numbers with Canelo on Mexican Independence.

That's what I gathered from those dates.

He's fighting on May 4th, it seems is reserved and guaranteed.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                I think he wants to fight in May because he knows he can do good numbers with Guererro on Cinco De Mayo and good numbers with Canelo on Mexican Independence.

That's what I gathered from those dates.

He's fighting on May 4th, it seems is reserved and guaranteed.
                Oh I don't doubt that he will fight in May or September. But May and September? Nah.

Comment

Originally posted by NatiKid View Post
                  i get the feeling it will be marquez. everyone in there mind wants to believe that "new" marquez has a chance but there is no way.
                  are you kidding me? and with a potential 5th Pacquiao fight on the horizon why would JMM take on Mayweather?

Shane Mosley. Mosley had been out of his contract for two years when he fought Mayweather.
                  eh one poster has no mention of GoldenBoy being involved

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randyman0508/4478419619/

while another poster you CAN see the GoldenBoy promotion logo (next to MGM Grand on bottom)

http://mypostercollection.com/galler...20o/index.html
                  (page 6 if link doesn't directly link you)

but even if Floyd uses GoldenBoy to help promote his events .. big deal, GB has a lot of in's with the networks like HBO and other contacts that Mayweather might not have

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                  I thought Mosley was some type of spokesperson for GBP?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                  he was, but as already mentioned Mosley split from GB. **it was part of the reason Mosley was able to get the Pacquiao fight after

Comment

Oh I don't doubt that he will fight in May or September. But May and September? Nah.
                    I think he'll fight in both.

He better fight in both because I've booked my flights

I think he wants to fight so uncharacteristically close to make the most of those 2 dates against Mexican opposition.

He knows if he were to fight twice he would fight both of those 2 and they won't sell like they would on those dates.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ406 View Post
                      are you kidding me? and with a potential 5th Pacquiao fight on the horizon why would JMM take on Mayweather?

eh one poster has no mention of GoldenBoy being involved

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randyman0508/4478419619/

while another poster you CAN see the GoldenBoy promotion logo (next to MGM Grand on bottom)

http://mypostercollection.com/galler...20o/index.html
                      (page 6 if link doesn't directly link you)

but even if Floyd uses GoldenBoy to help promote his events .. big deal, GB has a lot of in's with the networks like HBO and other contacts that Mayweather might not have

he was, but as already mentioned Mosley split from GB. **it was part of the reason Mosley was able to get the Pacquiao fight after
                      Ok.........?

Comment

Working...
                      X