Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Maidana Will Wait For Outcome of Berto vs. Guerrero

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would absolutely love to see Maidana/Berto.

Comment

Originally posted by rey guey View Post
      I really wouldn't call it a duck. Golden Boy needed to fill out the Alvarez vs Lopez card and wanted to put an Argentine on the card. Maidana just did what he was told.

come on it's not like Thurman's a beast. he didn't look that great against the tomato can he fought against. Thurman's got talent but not fighting Maidana at this point might have been the best thing for him.
      Ah yeah, I suppose "ducking" might not be the best way to describe the situation.

I do think Maidana backed out of the fight on such short notice (think less than a month away, he decided to pull out) because he realized Thurman was a "high risk, low reward" fight. I don't know, just doesn't seem like a move the Maidana I had grown to appreciate would do.

He basically said "I don't want to take a risk unless it's a high profile fight."

But I guess all boxers are the same when it comes to money, and "boxing being a business first."

I am still disappointed in Maidana for not taking the fight. . . And I also think Maidana destroys Thurman; I'm not impressed with Thurman at all - he's slow, crude, lacks fundamentals, defense, and really has overrated power too. He's an awkward KO waiting to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFynest View Post
        regardless either one beats Maidana
        ^^^ this right here

Comment

Working...
        X