Tom Hardy As The Next Bond?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom Hardy As The Next Bond?

"The name is Bond. James Bond."

The above phrase is chiselled into the granite of Hollywood folklore, two sentences that any actor — from undiscovered talent in New York audition rooms to A-list acting millionaires — would jump at the chance to utter for the big screen.

The role of Agent 007 is one of the most desirable in the film industry, so it's no surprise that speculation on the next Bond is ever-present. One of the names consistently linked to the world of espionage is British actor Tom Hardy, seen by many as the perfect choice to succeed Daniel Craig.

Naturally, in an interview with The Daily Beast (that's the website, not the man himself), Hardy was asked about the role. In a charmingly coy manner, the 39-year-old definitely, 100 per cent confirmed his interest by, well, not expressing an overt interest. He said:

"You know, there’s a saying amongst us in the fraternity of acting, and in the fellowship of my peer group, that if you talk about it you’re automatically out of the race. So I can’t possibly comment on that one! If I mention it, it’s gone."

It's not so much a case of reading between the lines, but instead the subtext is written out in bold, size 72 Impact typeface: #TomHardy wants to be Bond. Which isn't the biggest shock of the century, considering the magnitude of the role.

Things get even better though; responding to the prospect of Christopher Nolan in the role, Hardy exclaimed "that would be so cool," before highlighting the size of the task for whoever takes over the #JamesBond franchise. After singing the praises of Craig, director Sam Mendes and producer Barbara Broccoli, he added:

"I wonder what the next installment of that franchise would become, and I think when you mention someone like Christopher Nolan, that’s a very powerful figure to bring into that world who could bring something new and create something profound—again."

https://moviepilot.com/p/tom-hardy-p...olan-directing

Skyfall was probably bond at its peak tbh... All downhill from here...

Besides I rather he focus on the road warrior franchise.

Comment

James Bond is a lame role. It's too cliche to stand out in.

He'd make some money, but it might backfire. The last two actors who played James Bond haven't made any noise after the films were over with.

Hardy is a tremendous actor; he's doing just fine without that lame role.

Comment

I liked the idea of Idris Elba but Tom Hardy is cool too.

Comment

That's cool with me

Comment

bigger Hardy fan than Bond fan...i'd watch

Comment

That's cool, he's dope.

ain't he short tho?

Comment

Originally posted by RenegÄde View Post
                I liked the idea of Idris Elba but Tom Hardy is cool too.
                Tom hanks as Shaft would be good too smh

Comment

The next James Bond will be a woman, you wait and watch, its a common trend to emasculate popular male characters and turn them into a woman. They will cut his dick off just like they did to Thor. All in the name of Gurl Powa!

Comment

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
                    Tom hanks as Shaft would be good too smh
                    Man, get outta here with that racist nonsense.

LOL

You know what I'm thinking?

No?

Cuz I know!

And I'm laughing but I'm not gon' say it cuz you'll go running to mega.

I seen you!

Comment

Working...
                    X