Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Walters: I Didn't Quit! It Would Have Stupid To Come Out!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They need to ban this sissy from boxing. Probably was paid off to take a dive.

Comment

Walters, get out of boxing if that's going to be your attitude. You were being outclassed, but you weren't getting your sh#t pushed in. Could have easily made it to the final bell.

Comment

Feel bad for Walters. He got outclassed by Lomochenko, no clue why he stepped in the ring with so much rust against a fighter of the caliber of Lomochenko. Let this be a lesson to all fighters who sit out for so long. I really think a fighter like Mikey Garcia will be a tough fight for Lomo but yet again to inactive and i doubt Arum makes that fight with all the beef he has with Garcia.

Hope Walters comes back from this, yeah he quit but he can come back from this by winning a title at 130

Comment

The African Assassin v.3 must have really busted this dudes brain loose

Comment

The 7th round was very lop-sided and at that point Lomachenko had Walters figured out and had him hurt. Walters was only going to take more punishment and he realized it. He made the right decision.

Comment

He's right. He was drowning. Loma is just that great.

Comment

don't he remind you of joe calzaghe ?

Comment

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post

No, Loma has his own style.

Comment

Originally posted by RiC-DiC View Post
                    Walters knew he wasn't ready to fight after all that inactivity.. Smart coward..
                    When you look back now, I suppose it should have been more obvious that he wasn't exactly coming into this fight on a good note and had been on a decline since his Donaire fight, but hindsight is 20/20.

Still, it's a pity because it could have been a cracking fight if Walters had been active, didn't struggle with weight and took training seriously. Frustrating, but Loma is so good that it might not have mattered.

Still want to see two fighters in their prime at their best rather than one coming off a long lay off, ****ty performances, weight issues etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post

He's got similar angles, footwork, fast hands and that constant pivot off to the side like Calz, but Loma obviously has the better straight punch technique and doesn't slap as much.

Comment

Working...
                      X