No announcement yet.

Greatest Rivalries

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greatest Rivalries

What is ur Favourite Rivalry in, boxing History?
    Not just which provided us with the best fights but also the best build up, characters, back drop ect. ect

My pick is the Great Brittish Rivalry between hardcase Nigel Benn The Dark Destroyer and his eccentric counterpart Chris Eubank.

Tho there have been fights during other rivalries that were EVEN better than the ones put on by these two, and longer series' of fights too, these guys just get me going every time even now! Something about the deeply contrasting personalitys and styles makes them in my eyes the Greatest boxing Rivalry ever....

The most historically significant is easily Frazier-Ali but in terms of pure, unadulterated violence AND hatred, you can't top Barrera-Morales.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
      The most historically significant is easily Frazier-Ali but in terms of pure, unadulterated violence AND hatred, you can't top Barrera-Morales.
      I actually preffer the Marquez vs Vasquez fights but yeah if these two (Barrera and El Terrible) were english speaking then they may get the nod from me too

As it stands tho Benn vs Bank all the way!!!

Comment

I wouldn't claim it's even close to the best but my favourite is most definitely Benn Vs Eubank.

Here in the UK and especially England where I'm from. The rivarly was truley the most electric the UK has ever been for boxing in my lifetime. EVERYONE whos anyone, even people who didn't like Boxing, were pumped about this fight.

It was the first real high profile rivalry between to UK fighters in a long time and Benn had pure hatred for Eubank. Add that to the way Eubank's cockyness really helped the build up entertainment wise.

It really was phenominal. It was even better for me Eubank won as he was probably my favourite fighter at that time

Comment

I think the Benn vs Eubank rivalry is certainly one of the most fascinating. Definitely Ali vs Frazier as well as Lamotta vs Sugar Ray and possibly Leonard vs Hagler.

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
            I actually preffer the Marquez vs Vasquez fights but yeah if these two (Barrera and El Terrible) were english speaking then they may get the nod from me too

As it stands tho Benn vs Bank all the way!!!
            Those fights were amazing, but those two guys are like best friends. Barrera and Morales straight up wanted to kill each other. But yeah, they were unbelievable wars...III is easily on par with Barrera-Morales I.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
              Those fights were amazing, but those two guys are like best friends. Barrera and Morales straight up wanted to kill each other. But yeah, they were unbelievable wars...III is easily on par with Barrera-Morales I.
              Totally agreed man, The "kill" factor makes a big difference!

Comment

Just watched Benn vs Eubank 1 & 2 last night, They ARE great fights in their own right no question. Its the men rather than the boxers who make this one so special tho

Comment

For me it's Castillo/Corralles

Comment

Barrera-Morales and Ali-Frazier are probably my favorites, I always thought the Pac-Marquez rivalry was underrated. Ted "Kid" Lewis fought Jack Britton 20 times, Sam Langford fought Harry wills 17 times and Cocoa Kid fought Holman Williams 11 times.

Comment

Working...
                    X