Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one who thinks that GGG is remaing at 160 bc he wants....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
    Huh? I'm a pretty big fan of Golovkin. I said that in the first post and many times before.
    you are a ggg troll now on thas forum,that work like this here.

Comment

Originally posted by don larryx View Post
      He is clearly chasing the money...nothing wrong with that..just funny how some of his gullible fans think he is only fighting for belts and pride...same **** they use to say about Manny..This is prize fighting THEY ALL ARE IN IT FOR THE MONEY!!!

those 2 things are not mutually exclusive, so it doesnt have to be "one or the other"

A fighter can indeed want to unify the titles and clean out his division, AND be financially smart at the same time

Comment

If this fight wasn't going to make much I'm sure GGG would politely refuse being paid 10 million and give nelo 4 million back.

But its the biggest fight that can be made currently. Its as simple as that why over analyze it?

Comment

This is absolutely obvious (to everyone I think!).

I would do the same in GGG shoes, Canelo is his retirement fund, and he is not young either. The first goal for any fighter and his handlers is to secure the fighter's financial future above all else. Any fighter or promoter who says otherwise is BSing you. I think it would be an injustice to GGG's career if he retired with a few $2-3 million pay days, and his promoters are well aware of this. His talent and achievements deserve more.

It is precisely why the Ward fight never happened, and was never going to happen. I'm sure Gennady Golovkin is absolutely 100% confident in his abilities to compete with Andre Ward, and Abel Sanchez probably is too, but if Tom Loefller isn't, and the matchmakers aren't then that there is no way that shiz is happening unless the reward is worth a possible L.

That is the name of the game, its just most fans on here don't understand how the game works. I have no doubts that if GGG beats Canelo, that he will move up and fight big fights at 168 and even 175 for the rest of his career, the problem is that his fans don't really do him or themselves justice by the claims they make. GGG would be much more popular if everyone just stuck to the truth, which is what I have said above.

Comment

Canelo vs Golovkin is the biggest fight in boxing!

That said, GIG is obviously going for cash and when he retires he will always be looked at as the bully that holds no weight.

Beating Jacobs and Saunders helps but I think if he moved up and beat Degale and Jack and then go up 175 and at least beat Cleverly or someone else he'd get more praise!

I said it before and I'll say it again, not taking the Ward fight will likely haunt the can crusher!

Comment

I think he's staying in MW because he's a MW.
              With many belts in MW.
              Except for one.
              Which he wants.
              Cuz that would make him undisputed.
              Which is kinda cool and rarely happens.
              And maybe the lineal would be nice too.
              Or because Canelo vs. Golovkin is the biggest fight in boxing.

It could also be because SMW sucks ass in general and has 2 Haymon champions who can't even agree to fight each other.

Pick any of those reasons, one or all together. But please don't make it sound like he's just trying to cash out.

Comment

Originally posted by don larryx View Post
                He is clearly chasing the money...nothing wrong with that..just funny how some of his gullible fans think he is only fighting for belts and pride...same **** they use to say about Manny..This is prize fighting THEY ALL ARE IN IT FOR THE MONEY!!!
                Pretty much same thoughts as me, the dude is a business man, his fans try to dress him up as a warrior, and sure he puts on a good show, but outside the ring he's thinking and calculating like any other boxer. Let's just call a spade and spade and agree GGG is in it for the big money fights. He'd be a fool not to be.

Comment

I read that Khan made 14 million bucks for fighting Canelo. Of course nobody at Golden Boy had any doubts Canelo would KO Khan. GGG certainly deserves more money than Khan because GGG vs Canelo is a much bigger money maker of a fight. GGG stated clearly that his first priority is to completely unify 160 which means beating Jacobs and Saunders. After that he would consider fights against heavier fighters if the pay was good. Of course he would fight Canelo any time if he thought he was getting paid fairly. It's a huge money fight and a flat fee of 10 million is a **** offer if Canelo make 3 or 4 times that much. A 65-35 split in Canelo's favor seems fair to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                    i want him to move up too. i would love to see him vs the winner of degale-jack (if that fight actually happens) but he will probably remain at 160 next year too.
                    I wouldn't mind GGG moving up IF it was a guarantee that a fight with DeGale/Jack would happen. Look at the drama with GGG/Jacobs, the same thing could possibly happen at 168.

Comment

middleweight is the place to be, the division is heating up nicely. Jacobs, saunders, eubank, canelo all to be made. Then maybe someone like andrade or charlos will move up too.

Comment

Working...
                      X