No announcement yet.

Wladimir Klitschko had a great career but age caught up with him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
    Fury's skill, his style, his height and his reach played into the result, but the main factor was Klitschko's loss of speed because he's approaching his 40th birthday.

No one beats Father Time.
    Those were the main factors. The lesser factor was Klitschko's age, but a factor it was nevertheless.

He didn't look any different than his last 5-6 fights.

Comment

He probably spent too much time in hayden's poon-poon which sucked all his juice and energy. I know I would if I was him.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
        Wlad's punching ability has faded badly at near 40 years of age. He has difficulty in "pulling the trigger".

Same thing happened to Joe Louis at the end.

It's inevitable, prime doesn't last forever.
        How come his brother had no problem?

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
          How come his brother had no problem?
          His brother was in a competitive fight with Dereck Chisora. Prime Vitali would have easily stopped Chisora. Vitali fought weak opposition at the end (Charr, Sosnowski, etc).

Although Vitali lost his power at the end, I think Wlad still has his power - it's his speed, footwork and reflexes that are badly faded, and he has that OLD and TIRED look now.

Comment

It was clearly a combination of aging, gameplan, and Fury being the right fighter to expose the ways Wlad couldn't execute anymore.

for example, He had many examples to execute hooks like this when Tyson lunged in with body shots, but he couldn't pull the trigger on it. It was actually awkward to watch, because he would pull the trigger late, and end up with a strange hookjab, where it looks like he changed his mind what punch it was in the middle of throwing it.

People commented on his lack of right hands, but his Left Hook, has always been his truly deadly weapon, and it was nowhere to be found.

Part of the was Fury, he definitely made it difficult to lead with it with his headmovement, but we never saw it as a checkhook either.

I also have a feeling that getting cut from headbutts multiple times, was frustrating for Wlad and maybe effected his focus. Cant remember the last time he was cut, much less cut multiple times.

Comment

Working...
            X