Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Fernando Vargas have beaten Felix Trinidad if he punched Tito in the balls too?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could Fernando Vargas have beaten Felix Trinidad if he punched Tito in the balls too?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzyM02VaYZg

In the fourth round, Vargas knocked Trinidad down with a big left hook. Trinidad was hurt and getting mauled after he got up. He knew he was going to lose so he punched Vargas in the dick.

I do believe the low blows hurt Vargas more than the knockdowns...

Tito went low three or four times. That took a lot out of Vargas. In fact, I do believe the low blows hurt Vargas more than the knockdowns in the opening round.

Vargas adjusted to Trinidad's power. Then Tito punched Vargas in the balls when he was getting his ass kicked.

Also, Trinidad went low AGAIN when he was winning. SEE ROUND 7

But back to the original question: Could Vargas have beaten Trinidad if he threw more low blows?

Vote and discuss.
    YES
    46.15%
    NO
    53.85%
    I'm not sure.
    0.00%
    Last edited by punchr; 10-05-2015, 01:23 PM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49Biacb3Urw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5k42zcWPVrc

Last edited by punchr; 10-05-2015, 12:52 PM.

Comment

low blows happen and sometimes even intentionally. to answer your question, if vargas would have low-blowed him i doubt that it would have had any effect on the outcome.

tito had incredible punching power and accuracy - so videos like the above are to be expected.

Comment

Just looks like a bunch of excuses to me.

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
          low blows happen and sometimes even intentionally. to answer your question, if vargas would have low-blowed him i doubt that it would have had any effect on the outcome.

tito had incredible punching power and accuracy - so videos like the above are to be expected.
          What if Vargas avoided the left hooks that knocked him down in the first round?

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
            What if Vargas avoided the left hooks that knocked him down in the first round?
            what if i never married that whore of an ex-wife of mine? what if i didn't let some rice-scented poon dictate my life?

Comment

vargas would have just broken his hand.

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzyM02VaYZg

In the fourth round, Vargas knocked Trinidad down with a big left hook. Trinidad was hurt and getting mauled after he got up. He knew he was going to lose so he punched Vargas in the dick.

I do believe the low blows hurt Vargas more than the knockdowns...

Tito went low three or four times. That took a lot out of Vargas. In fact, I do believe the low blows hurt Vargas more than the knockdowns in the opening round.

Vargas adjusted to Trinidad's power. Then Tito punched Vargas in the balls when he was getting his ass kicked.

Also, Trinidad went low AGAIN when he was winning. SEE ROUND 7

But back to the original question: Could Vargas have beaten Trinidad if he threw more low blows?

Vote and discuss.
                You only remember the parts of the fight that you want to remember. Vargas did punch Trinidad in the balls and was penalized a point for it. Vargas was out of his league and got beat by a superior fighter. Two fights later, Vargas got KO'd by another superior fighter named Oscar De La Hoya.

Comment

B.S. troll thread...... LOL.

As it's been said, Vargas DID punch Trinidad in the balls. But to humor the thread author, let's say on that night Vargas could've beaten Trinidad if he'd brought a steamroller with him. He didn't..... so he lost.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
                    You only remember the parts of the fight that you want to remember. Vargas did punch Trinidad in the balls and was penalized a point for it. Vargas was out of his league and got beat by a superior fighter. Two fights later, Vargas got KO'd by another superior fighter named Oscar De La Hoya.
                    That's a poor argument, because by the time Vargas fought De La Hoya he was already ruined by the Trinidad fight just two years prior.

Pre-Trinidad Vargas beats both De La Hoya and Shane Mosley.

The physical trauma Fernando took in the Tito fight is permanent.

A quote from HBO.com

http://www.hbo.com/boxing/inside/decades-best/article/trinidad-vs-vargas-fights-of-the-decade-.html

"Before I fought Trinidad, I went to Puerto Rico on the press tour, and in Puerto Rico, a guy who had been a part of Trinidad's team told me, 'You've got to watch out for his hand wraps,'" Vargas remembered. "I didn't really understand what he meant by that at the time. But then when I felt his punch and his power, I was like, 'This s---'s not human.' So that's when I figured out what happened to me. I just know that there was something crazy with his hand wraps."

Vargas' opinion is just that-an opinion-but it's impossible to deny the deleterious effects that Trinidad's hands, whether wrapped legally or not, had on him. He fought only 10 more times, losing four (three by TKO), and retired before his 30th birthday.

"Honestly, I think that fight did take something out of me physically," Vargas acknowledged. "I never got hurt before that fight, but after that fight, the punches started taking their effects quick."

Trinidad agrees that Vargas was never the same fighter after he got done with him.

"It is a matter of comparison," Trinidad said. "You can see Vargas was different. There was one Vargas before fighting me. There was another Vargas after that fight. I'm sure that if Vargas never fought me, and he fought against all the fighters that he fought after me, Vargas could have beaten all of them. He could have knocked all of them out-De La Hoya, Shane Mosley-if he had never fought me."

Comment

Working...
                    X