Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The OFFICIAL LOUNGE FIGHT DISCUSSION/RBR thread!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
    To the thread or to a stream?

lol...to the fight..i couldnt sucker any of my buds to pitch in

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
      lol...to the fight..i couldnt sucker any of my buds to pitch in
      I'll PM 'ya.

Comment

Nothing but love for Cotto but, Martinez stops him. Ive been on some Argentine love for a while though. War Maravilla!

Comment

Several factors and questions stand out for me on this one,

Is middleweight way too big for Cotto?
          After watching Cotto/Trout I wonder about his ability to handle southpaws?

Will Sergio worn out body hold up another night?
          After watching Cotto-Rodrguez, it seemed that Cotto returned to a more aggressive style. Will that be perfect for the counter punching champion.

Anymore I missed?

Comment

If he's even close to 100%, I can see him dominating every minute of every round.

But really, how confident are you in his thrice repaired knee? All bull**** between you and I aside, you were a boxer once upon a time, ever deal with serious knee problems?
            Yes, I dealt with them and the pain on a daily basis.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
              Yes, I dealt with them and the pain on a daily basis.
              Ever have to have surgery on them?

In my experience, knees are like backs - Once you **** them up they're seldom ever normal again. 3 surgeries is a lot for one knee to take, so that's obviously the biggest x factor in this fight.

Comment

Ever have to have surgery on them?

In my experience, knees are like backs - Once you **** them up they're seldom ever normal again. 3 surgeries is a lot for one knee to take, so that's obviously the biggest x factor in this fight.
                Its definitely the biggest factor in this fight.

One thing going for Martinez is that i don't think he will need to use as much movement for Cotto as he did for the big strong middleweights JCCjr and Murray. So there.would be less chance of him.reinjuring

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
                  Several factors and questions stand out for me on this one,

Is middleweight way too big for Cotto?
                  After watching Cotto/Trout I wonder about his ability to handle southpaws?

Will Sergio worn out body hold up another night?
                  After watching Cotto-Rodrguez, it seemed that Cotto returned to a more aggressive style. Will that be perfect for the counter punching champion.x

Anymore I missed?
                  Body work from Cotto is going to be key Tbear my good friend. If Cotto can invest in the body early then Sergio is really gonna have a problem on his hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
                    Body work from Cotto is going to be key Tbear my good friend. If Cotto can invest in the body early then Sergio is really gonna have a problem on his hands.
                    I can see Cotto taking a lot of punishment every time he goes to the body. Martinez's punch power is no joke and neither is his speed.

Comment

On the topic of Cotto, he looks to be in the best shape of his life in my eyes.

I honestly can't recall if I've ever seen him with abs before. He's always been pretty soft in the abdomen even at 140 and 147. We all know that muscles mean d*ck in fights but it does tell us two things : 1.) His strength and conditioning coach has done a fantastic job with him, and 2.) He's clearly not intending to just show up for the paycheck, which is the feeling I've got from him in the Trout and Mayweather fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X