No announcement yet.

do you think Boxing would benefit from open scoring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    These thousand year old judges can barely add already. I wouldn't trust them at all to add .5 to anything.
    Well finding three people that can count would be a nice start.

Aim small

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
      Well finding three people that can count would be a nice start.

Aim small
      I think that should be the criteria right now. Think about the many times judges couldn't even add correctly.

Boxing judges suck man, I'm telling ya.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
        I would rather see half points added. I could see how that could change how fights are actually scored, open scoring really changes nothing.
        assumption is a guy like Marquez or Pacquiao would engage more take more chances after 8 if the fight is closer then they thought instead of just setting on the lead so that would change something.

I also see the problem of a fighter coasting or a fighter completely giving up if the scores are too wide, maybe a fight like Froch vs Taylor would be worst off with open scoring

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
          assumption is a guy like Marquez or Pacquiao would engage more take more chances after 8 if the fight is closer then they thought instead of just setting on the lead so that would change something.

I also see the problem of a fighter coasting or a fighter completely giving up if the scores are too wide, maybe a fight like Froch vs Taylor would be worst off with open scoring
          I just don't like it, it really doesn't change much either to me. I see it a lot in fights in Mexico, but most of those fights are in Spanish so it is tough to pick up so it doesn't change to me.

Comment

I think that should be the criteria right now. Think about the many times judges couldn't even add correctly.

Boxing judges suck man, I'm telling ya.
            If they implemented something like half points they could do a whole house cleaning and figure out who needs to go. They could also try to get everyone on the same page as much as possible.

They probably wouldn't do it right anyway~

Comment

Absolutely not. It's terrible.

Anyone who has seen a fight with open scoring can agree.

Comment

And the judges would probably react even more to fan reaction.
                This. The judges will be even more affected by the crowd than they are already. Hell, with all the cheering that Pac got for all the punches that he was throwing, imagine if that fight had open scoring lol. Them judges weren't getting out of the arena alive.

Comment

It works for all the major sports. Also makes the loser fight harder and increases the likelihood of a late-fight KO. That's good business in my book.

Comment

Didn't the Olympics have open scoring after the Roy Jones Jr. robbery in Korea?

Comment

Working...
                    X