Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Heavyweight Super Six? Povetkin, Huck, Chisora, Haye?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the idea of super six or any super tournaments is stupid . we are in boxing business , tournaments suit chess . if none of 168 lbs. are the same after the tournament , what will happen with the heavyweights ??? how many substitutions they will need ?

Comment

Originally posted by tostao View Post
      the idea of super six or any super tournaments is stupid . we are in boxing business , tournaments suit chess . if none of 168 lbs. are the same after the tournament , what will happen with the heavyweights ??? how many substitutions they will need ?
      i disagree, it's just that the super six at super middleweight wasn't conducted properly (ppl dropping out, the tournament lasting way too long) it can be done the right way just by learning from the mistakes of the super middle weight tournament....besides didn't they do a super six style tournament in the heavyweight division in the 80's?....only problem is doing it in a way where the kilitschkos dont face each other

Comment

Are the fights gonna be 10 rounds? Also, they better have a huge trophy since there are no belts to fight for... or the getting new ones? BBB? alexanders WBA "regular" champion?? Africas silver diamond continental champion???

Comment

The idea is awesome. Highly doubt it happens. The 2 American's should be Chris Arreola and Seth Mitchell, or even Tony Thompson. The problem here is when there is supposedly noone for the Klitschkos to fight, everyone out there for them is wrapped up in this tournament, unless the fight Fury, Price, Pulev... I would love to see an 8 man single elimination tournament. Winner is guaranteed Wladamir Klitschko. I don't think anyone can beat the Klitschkos, but when the rest of the division fights eachother, there is definetly entertaining fights in the division.

Comment

David Haye, Dereck Chisora, David Price, Marco Huck, Alexander Povetkin, and Seth Mitchell. That'd be good. Mitchell would have to be in there because he's the American HW getting all the hype lately.

Comment

might as well do it
              fan of the Klits, but there's almost no point in people fighting them
              you know damn well they aren't gonna get beat by anyone
              let 1 guy build himself up by going through the other HW contenders
              by the time a series like this ended, Vit would be retired
              Wlad will still be around for a while longer

Comment

I would also like to see more "doubleheaders." Take four of the top ten ranked fighters in the division (they have to be highly ranked,) and pair them off, winners fight each other. If you win both fights, you would move way up in the rankings, and create a higher profile for yourself. And the logistics would be so simple, since it's only two fights. This should be done a lot more often.

Comment

Sounds like another excuse for Povetkin to delay fighting a Klitschko.

Comment

Based on excitment Robert Helenius, Dereck Chisora, Tyson Fury, David Haye, Chris Arreola, and either Seth Mitchell or Bermane Stiverne.

Based on Legitimacy I would just go with the Ring's top 6.

I would'nt mind seeing a tournement with nothing but undefeated up and comers.
                    Last edited by xAUGUSTUSx; 03-23-2012, 03:24 PM.

Comment

This sounds more like the STUPID SIX! There's nothing super about 1 of these heavy weights.

Comment

Working...
                      X